Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Good/Bad - just personal expriences.

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Jan 2, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I starting to realize that personal experience is not a good way to judge a company.

I've noticed with postings on this site and working as a cust care rep myself for a cell phone company that there are going to be very satisfied customers with no problems for years from day one and others with problems on top of problems with their service/bills/cust care/etc.

It doesn't make any sense and it appears it doesn't matter who you are with.

The only thing that bothers me is the people who are not satisfied with anything. I actually had a customer once who deactivated her service with only having it for one month because sometimes her Voicemail takes 24 seconds to answer. Everything else was fine. And she expected to not be bound to her contract because we are not offering the service she expected.

With my own cell phone service I'm lucky if I can place a call out, however I understand that with the land and weather condition here it is to be expected.

S. Cole

2. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

Right you are. It's the 80/20 rule. You need to focus on the 80% you can satisfy because no matter how hard you try there will always be some customers that are never satisfied.

But keep in mind that perception is reality when someone on this message board bitches about their carrier. If someone perceives the service to be bad then in that person's mind it is bad (reality to him). Since you are in Cust Service you understand that empathy is a very good quality. You need to sympathize with the customer especially when they are ignorant to the real issue or overall industry.

Tom

3. SweetBoXx

SweetBoXx Junior Member

But then again, some people are just never satisfied.

4. josh

josh New Member

Empathy is a very good quality especially when working in customer service. To sympathize to a customer that is ignorant of the issue is not going to fix the problem, it is just going to put a patch over the wound. Educating the customer to better understand the real issue or the overall situation might give him a better realty or appreciation of the wireless industry. There will always be people who are hardheaded of this issue and that's when empathy comes into play!

JOSH

5. SweetBoXx

SweetBoXx Junior Member

Whenever I have had any problems I would not handle and I have had to call customer service with the cell phone companies, no matter who I spoke to at any of the companies was personable, knowledgeable , and helpful. The either solved my problems or out me on to someone who did. I have nothing bad to say about any of the three companies I have been dealing with; VoiceStream, MCI, or Verizon. I feel people bring on their own problems and it's all all stem from their attitutes towards customer service. I work in a customer service position for the State of NJ. I listen to the attitudes every day. I didn't do anything to these people, so why should I have to take the brunt of the language and yelling? Same as everyone else, they get mad at the cell phone company, they call customer service and yell at the clerks. Its not their fault. Have respect for customer service people. They deserve it