Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Getting your V3C/M Connected

Discussion in 'MOTOROLA' started by Cincyball, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Cincyball

Cincyball Issss a niiiiice. High 5!

My Phone:
    V3m w/ Alltel V3m Flash
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Ok, with the release of the Sprint and Alltel V3M's, this forum has gotten pretty hectic. I have decided to create a thread for the most important part of any process: getting your phone installed with the correct USB drivers.

Verizon, Alltel, USCC - V3C/V3M
    Connect your phone to a usb port on the back of your computer to avoid conflicts. Run DriverTool4.21a (attached). It will say V3C, and that is fine. Let it choose the driver automatically when prompted. It should install usbsermpt.sys. If it does, it will look like this in Device Manager

[​IMG]

If you are not having success with that method, try doing the same method with your phone powered OFF.

Sprint V3M

To the best of my knowledge, the Sprint V3M needs the drivers included in Motorola Software Updater (MSU). The program is free. Connect your phone to the computer, run MSU. It will install 4 drivers. Let it choose the driver automatically for each of them. Once done, MSU should show your ESN, and say N/A for the two entries below. In Device Manager, it should look like the following. Note: You might need to run DriverTool4.21a as well if the process didn't work.

[​IMG]

Syncing your V3M with WMP10 (From Mark's Site)

Download mtpfix.zip (attached)
    Disconnect the phone from your PC, and leave it disconnected.
    Turn your phone OFF.
    Shutdown/reboot your PC.
    When Windows starts up again, get logged in BUT DO NOT Open/Run/Launch any applications.
    RUN the MTPFIX.exe you just downloaded.
    Turn your phone on.
    Reconnect your phone to a USB port built into your PC.
    On the phone, go Get It Now -> Get Tunes and Tones -> Sync Music. Windows may try to install additional drivers... If it does, wait for it to complete, then start Windows Media Player on the PC.

If you have any questions regarding any of what was described above, please post them here.

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. AngiZ74

AngiZ74 New Member

My Phone:
    Razr v3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Newbie here again!
    The above "Syncing your V3M with WMP10 (From Mark's Site)" -What is that used for??

Thanks!

3. Cincyball

My Phone:
    V3m w/ Alltel V3m Flash
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    It is used to sync your phone with Windows Media Player 10. If you want to add music (wma format) to the music folder to be played in the media player on the v3m, this is how to do it. Otherwise, adding audio files (ringtones in mp3 format), they gut put into the audio folder in Motorola Phone Tools. You cant add music in MPT.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. AngiZ74

AngiZ74 New Member

My Phone:
    Razr v3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Where is this on my phone -On the phone, go Get It Now ??

5. noahnsteph

noahnsteph New Member

My Phone:
    RAZR V3M
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    No, the sync function is in the Get Tunes& Tones folder on your phone, #5 choice or Sync Music. When you have the right drivers and fixes you run Sync Music on your phone while connected to the computer and under the Sync tab in Windows Media Play 10 you'll see your phone and can add or remove songs.

6. AngiZ74

AngiZ74 New Member

My Phone:
    Razr v3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I dont see a get it now or a get tunes & tones on my phone??? Where should I be looking???

7. Cincyball

My Phone:
    V3m w/ Alltel V3m Flash
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Noah, Angi is on Alltel. Her phone will be slightly different. Angi, you should edit your profile to show your phone model and provider ;) Anyways, Im not exactly sure how to hit Sync with Alltel phone. Angi, connect your phone to your computer so it charges. Open Windows Media Player 10 or 11 (whichever u use) and look for sync options, or see if it automatically discovers your phone.

8. AngiZ74

AngiZ74 New Member

My Phone:
    Razr v3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I have WMP 10 opened. I have my phone charging. I installed and ran the wtpfix. I see on the WMP where it has a sync tab, and I click on it. The screen says "No device detected, hit F5 to refresh" I hit F5, it doesn't even seem to do anything?

I also updated my profile, Thanks again Cincyball.

9. Cincyball

My Phone:
    V3m w/ Alltel V3m Flash
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Ok Angi. You will need to be patient and bare with me. This is the first time I think anyone has tried syncing their Alltel v3m since its so new. There might not even be an option to sync with with WMP10, although that seems unlikely. Does it say anything in your manual about syncing your phone to add music?

10. AngiZ74

AngiZ74 New Member

My Phone:
    Razr v3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Thanks for helping me!

I have read through my whole manual again. There is nothing about syncing the phone. The only thing they even mention about music or mp3's are how to make playlists, and they mention briefly that you can download music from the phone's browser. Thats it??

11. Cincyball

My Phone:
    V3m w/ Alltel V3m Flash
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Verizon uses Get It Now. Alltel uses Axxcess right? Or something like that? If you go into there like you were going to purchase music, do you see a my music folder? Or a media player? Or any options to Sync?

12. AngiZ74

AngiZ74 New Member

My Phone:
    Razr v3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Yes, I have axcess. I don't see anything like that. When I go into the Apps screen, I have a shopping cart, where I click on to connect and go to the items I can buy. I have a few more icons that are trial apps that came with the phone. And there is an icon for managing my apps.
    If I click on the shopping cart I connect to axcess. Then I have the choices from the catalog, searching Axcess, or viewing My Axcess with my purchased items and wish list.
    There is no options function, or anything like that.

13. Cincyball

My Phone:
    V3m w/ Alltel V3m Flash
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Hmmm. Ok, well hang tight. I will look into it some more.

14. ohm

ohm New Member

I'm having the same problem w/ US Cellular's V3m..... Since this is a sticky I figured I'd just edit these settings, anyways I figured it out.Go into settings>connection and set it for default the usb drive. Pretty simple... duh =p

#14 ohm, Nov 29, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2006
  15. Cincyball

My Phone:
    V3m w/ Alltel V3m Flash
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Yes, that sync fix is good for Verizon. Different carriers arent the same. I dont know where the sync button is on the diff carrier's v3m's.

16. jtec

jtec New Member

Thanks to Cincyball my RAZR V3M is working with MPT. Morphing the phone into a Vmm has given me the Studio; however, file transfers appear to be only one-directional (from PC to Phone) not phone to PC!! Any suggestions on what is going on or how to fix?:wink:

17. Cincyball

My Phone:
    V3m w/ Alltel V3m Flash
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Yep, in THIS sticky ;) -> http://forums.wirelessadvisor.com/razr-phones/59362-how-cropping-mp3-saving-phone-indiana.html

Hint, look towards the end of the process while in File Transfer Studio

18. jtec

jtec New Member

Thanks, I'll try this...it looks like (files) must go into an identical directory on the PC (?)
    My phone to PC transfers time out with a "phone broke connection" message.:wink:

19. jtec

jtec New Member

Problem sending files from phone to PC solved - looks like you need to re-install MPT after re-configuration of the V3M to V3Mm... Thanks again for all the guidance on getting this capability to run. Makes phone ownership finally worthwhile!:wink:

20. Alucard0987

Alucard0987 New Member

yeah, whenever i start up windows media player 11, i go to the sync page. i go to sync music on my verizon razr v3m. but it tries to connect, but it says the following:

Connection Failure.
    Please check your cable connection to the PC.
    Press END or CLR to exit​

I have tried numerous times to retry and it still doesn't work out.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

get ahold of me at xxxxxxxx@gmail.com please! i want this done by tonight or tomorrow :( i want some music on my phone :) to get what i payed for lol

#20 Alucard0987, Dec 10, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2006
  21. Cincyball

My Phone:
    V3m w/ Alltel V3m Flash
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Did you run the MTPfix.exe listed above?

22. Alucard0987

Alucard0987 New Member

i did, i ran it when u told me 2 in the instructions. i dont get it :browani:

23. Squonk

Squonk New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola RAZR v3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Ok.. I'm totally new at this, and I'm having trouble. I just got my Alltel RAZR v3m last week, and I've been trying ever since to get it connected to my PC. I've tried MPT, and get nothing, I've tried every file I can find a link to on here, and get nothing. I once had MPT actually detect that something was plugged into my USB port, but it said it couldn't detect a phone. At most, all my phone does is say "Unable to charge." Any ideas of what I could be doing wrong?

24. Cincyball

My Phone:
    V3m w/ Alltel V3m Flash
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Your Alltel razr v3m will be good to go in MPT as soon as you get it connected. Go up to my very first post in this thread. Download DriverTool4.21a (it is a file that was attached). Connect your phone, run the driver tool. Let windows automatically install the driver. Once done, it should say charging. If so, u can then open MPT and it will connect to your phone. If it doesnt, make sure your MPT is on the newest version which is 4.36

25. Squonk

Squonk New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola RAZR v3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I've tried everything to the letter that you posted at the top, and I still get nothing. Is there something I need to do to my phone first? I either get no response or it says unable to charge...

26. Cincyball

My Phone:
    V3m w/ Alltel V3m Flash
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Ok, I think I know...are you using a usb port on the front of your computer? Or using an expansion hub? If so, thats the problem. Try using the usb port on the back of your computer and all will be well.

Let me know if that works or if u are already using the back.

27. Squonk

Squonk New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola RAZR v3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I'm already using the back port. Actually I've tried all 8 ports I have, 6 in back and 2 in front just to be sure.

28. Cincyball

My Phone:
    V3m w/ Alltel V3m Flash
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    What windows are u using???

29. Squonk

Squonk New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola RAZR v3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Windows XP SP2.. as up-to-date as I can get it

Funny thing happened also.. I decided to try this on my work computer as well, and am having more or less the same results. I moved my USB mouse to a different port, and when I plugged it back in, MPT started trying to detect the phone. But of course it didn't find it..

30. Cincyball

My Phone:
    V3m w/ Alltel V3m Flash
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Wait, I thought u were trying to get the phone to connect to the comp? I didnt know u were at the point of tryign to use it with MPT. SO u have it charging successfully?