Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Getting screwed by Alltel.

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by jeremyd, Nov 11, 2007.

1. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    Yes that's right, it wasn't really Alltel. I remember CenturyTel vividly....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

Again, NNNOOO. Just because they dialed *611 does NOT mean they had CS do this for them. If somebody did it, then they were transferred elsewhere - probably SAC, Retention or possible TS. CS CAN'T DO THIS.

3. burtonium239

burtonium239 Member

My Phone:
    Moto E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel

I also have had dealings with customer service and know a couple of people that customer service can make exceptions. It is obvious bike works for Alltel and feals that he knows the correct procedure but customer service should always be your last line of defense if you are not getting what you want from the store. Sometimes they can see that you are getting the run around and will go ahead and take care of it. That is what customer service is you just have to avoid people that are unwilling to help and keep calling until you get the service that you should!! So when you call Alltel and get a long NNNOOO that may not be the right person to talk to.

4. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

It's folks like you that make CS so tired and irritable. No is no. If CS did anything for anybody in regards to this, it was NOT XBM. PERIOD. The only thing CS can do in regards to XBM is generate a return receipt, see if your replacement phone has shipped or see if the returned phone has arrived to the XBM folks. That's it. Anything else can only be done via Tech Support or SAC - each of which can be reached directly if you would just listen to the voice prompts. CS HATES transfers and if you call CS in regards to this issue, you are going to be told to either go to a SO or be transferred to TS. Transferring you screws up our KPIs and influences our raises and shift processing - which is why we get so grumpy when you just mash 0 and not bother to listening to the prompts.

5. TODD1964

TODD1964 New Member

My Phone:
    BLACKBERRY PEARL 8130
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AllTell
    My experience with alltel support has been mixed. With out going into great detail and sounding like a broken record :). I purchase a samsung hue (full price) back in July. As noted in other thread i posted, I've been having a few problems. Well the other day i called to follow up on some of the issues I've reported. guess what, my original problem (to do with the web browser) was never documented. I was shocked and told the lady on the phone how unhappy i was. It's really hard for me to know what to do when my contract up in Aug of 2008. I get great phone service where i live and plus just about my whole family has alltel. I know one thing, I WILL NOT PURCHASE ANOTHER SAMSUNG PRODUCT!!! By the way we have 1 retail store here and 3 stores that sell other carriers along with alltel. I've found that depends on who you talk to at the retail store on what kind of service you get.

6. Sailorcancer

Sailorcancer Member

My Phone:
    Moto Z XT1650-03
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    What part of MI are you from? I'm also from MI, I'm just wondering what retail store you're talking about.

7. Cailiff04

Cailiff04 Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I too have had problems with Samsung phones. Not just with alltel but with the multiple carriers I've had. Samsung phones are junk. Samsung should just say in the business of making HDTVs...:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. TODD1964

TODD1964 New Member

My Phone:
    BLACKBERRY PEARL 8130
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AllTell
    I'm from Holland Mi. Talking about the store on westshore dr north of town

9. damog

damog New Member

ok there are two versions of the wafer r510 and r510a so all the people wanting to replacing the phone and get the newer model is really the solution, there is a software update that lessens the echo frequncy or impact but it does not correct it 100% because it is hardware issue, so get the wafer flashed till the replacement comes in or request a loaner or re-activate an old phone

i'm not sure if they will keep offering wafers but guessing i would say they are in the process of replacing all the original models before they can build up a stock of them large enough for the retail stores to carry

personal i hope they keep offering the wafer its really sweet phone and i want one, the new models dont have the echo problems so your good to go!

10. terrys

terrys New Member

My Phone:
    RAZR V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel

As an Authorized Dealer I agree that every store can handle an Extended DOA. However, I generally only do it for my customer's or Alltel Customers who have moved to my area recently. (I want there business when it comes upgrade time) Since I only get paid a commission from Alltel when I sell a new line of service or a Contract upgrade I am resistant to give my time (the only thing I have to earn money with) away for someone who "never knew I was there" until 2 days after they got their service or upgraded it generally at an Agent owned Mall Kiosk where many times (but not all) have a big turnover of less motivated employees. If you buy it online to occassionally save 10-20 dollars don't ask me to fix it. Get back on that phone!

I would dare say that everyone on this forum has a great resistance to working for FREE! Alltel corporate store employees are paid either hourly, salaried, commissioned or some combination of the above. But I am sure they justifiably hate to give up their time which is precious like mine is to fix other people's messes, whether that person is a customer, an incompetent Alltel employee, or incompetent Alltel dealer. They are losing earning potential by fixing someone elses messes. If I have $10 for every prepaid customer that comes to me after buying their phone at Walmart, my wife and I could go out every 2-3 weeks at a NICE restaurant.

I will say this about Alltel's customer Service employees located in call centers. Most of them are very knowledgable and courteous. But if their "cat has been kicked" (a Zig Ziglar story) hard by their last call or two they can be just like the rest of us when that has happened to us. Might not be what they should do, but all of us are mortal men and women. When I refer customers to Customer Service, I encourage them to be nice and if they happen to get a CS rep that has just been "beat up", prolitely terminate the call and call back. They'll usually get someone in a much better mood and/or more knowledgable. It is like the old motto, If at first you don't succeed, try try again. And occassionally you must try, try, try, try, try, try, try (well you get the picture) again like the guy with the problem that started this thread. Use sugar as long as is humanly possible and then and only then use vinegar.

I do take issue at occasionally being disparaged by a Corporate Store employee. There are many things that Alltel has just chosen to not let dealers do. There are many competent dealers who would be happy to do certain things that have been taken from their plate. We both have competent and incompetent employees, managers, owners, etc.

11. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

I'm in the same boat. I work in an authorized dealer and see a lot of incompetence by Alltel retail stores. If I could do more I would.

I wish Alltel would give us more power but they are retarded and won't.

12. Bruce20437

Bruce20437 New Member

Absolutely agreed! We moved cross country to an area that doesn't
    carry Alltel, so our phones are constantly roaming. We have missed
    calls, phones that do not ring, and important messages that don't come
    in until four to six hours later. However, Alltel is completely
    unrelenting and will not release us from our contract. They want to
    hold to the exorbitant charge of $200 each to break our contract! It's
    no wonder that they are being taken over by Verizon.

13. TODD1964

TODD1964 New Member

My Phone:
    BLACKBERRY PEARL 8130
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AllTell
    Now this sounds like a bunch of bull crap. Have you read your contract to see if there telling you the truth? I could see them doing this if AllTel was available where you moved, but it isn't. If it was me, i would be writing Alltel big guy's and contacting the better business office. Heck...call 60min's.....:D

You know people, it's just going to get worse when Verizon takes over. I've heard lots crap about there Customer Service. Plus with them locking there phones, it's only going to get worse.

14. Bruce20437

Bruce20437 New Member

We wrote letters, emails, called the corporate offices, spoke with every representative and supervisor we could find, but came back with the same answer every time. "You signed a contract, and you are obligated. We are not responsible just because you moved." It's ridiculous! We have even contacted the FCC and Better Business Bureau. Every other wireless company has various penalties for early release from a contract dependent upon how long you have been with the company. We have been excellent Alltel customers for more that five years! And, they still will not release us!

15. KyleAndMelissa22

KyleAndMelissa22 Woot Woot, Splat !!!

My Phone:
    LG Lucid 3 / G4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless (SID 299, NID 173)
    1. Alltel has nationwide roaming agreements, so you can roam free in many areas nationwide.

2. Maybe your in an area with low signal, if not then you are probably roaming on Sprint.
    Text messages to customers and roamers on the Sprint network always take a long time,
    and with a low Sprint signal, texts or pictures may never come through.

You agreed to a 2-year service agreement with Alltel,
    this helps recover the cost of the cheap or free phone that you got when you started your contract.

If you don't think Alltel is worth it, then isn't it worth just $200 to get out?
    I'm sure the phone(s) you have are worth more than that.

No, Alltel has great service, otherwise Verizon wouldn't want them. :D

16. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    G1v1.5, Dash, Touch Pro 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile

read your terms and conditions you should be able to find them on alltel's website, if they are anything like tmobile's they should have a part in there about what options you have if you move to a non-service area.
    For Example with Tmobile if you move to a non service area proof of residence is required...i.e. faxing in copy of utility bill, lease agreement, or deed for property read your terms and conditions before you attempt your next move the best defense for any consumer is a firm understanding and knowledge about the terms and conditions of your service agreement. Good luck.

17. Bruce20437

Bruce20437 New Member

Thanks....we will definitely do that since the original contract was written in light gray ink in something like a 5-point font! They surely do not expect people to read them. Also, it's the original contract we signed in 2003; when we renewed our contract, we were not given an updated one.

18. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

It doesn't matter whether Alltel offers native service in their new area or not. You are still responsible for the line for the duration of the contract.

Look at it like an apartment lease: just because YOU move does not alleviate you of being responsible for the entire term of the lease. Move out early and you are still liable for all the rent during the entire lease term.

19. Bruce20437

Bruce20437 New Member

Not quite the same because an apartment cannot move with you, whereas a phone service (or lack of service) can. We were promised the same great service we received on the east coast - and, I do have to admit, they are a reputable company with very good service in that area. However, we were not given what we were promised, and are still paying for substandard service (i.e., missed calls, no rings, voice message delays, etc.). That was my only contention - and we were willing to sign on with a local Verizon company (which is buying Alltel anyway) to "keep it in the family" so to speak.

20. army1

army1 Banned

My Phone:
    obama won
    i'll give you an AMEN to this post

21. bandit390

bandit390 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Storm
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Its not up to Alltel to release you. You can leave whenever you want too. Whether you get charged a edp is your choice if you signed a contract to get a discount on the phone.

Also, Alltel does not guarantee service everywhere. So whether you move to another state, city or Russia, the contract stands.

22. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Exactly. If you sign up for a two year agreement, you agree to stay on service for two years and pay your bill. That's basically it, if you move and decide to cancel your service early, you're charged the early cancelation fee. You decided to move, it has nothing to do with Alltel.

You could perform a change of responsibility, though. You basically move your service and contracts over to someone else who wants Alltel and then you no longer have service with them and don't have to pay the ECF.

23. Bruce20437

Bruce20437 New Member

A quick update - we contact FCC and filed a complaint against Alltel. It wasn't much longer before Alltel called us, stated that they had been contacted by the FCC, and would be releasing us from our contract, with no fees incurred. It's great when the system works!

24. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

Frankly, I wouldn't be happy if I were you. You found a way to weasel out of a binding agreement...congratulatons. I'd be ashamed instead of happy. But...whatever

25. army1

army1 Banned

My Phone:
    obama won
    yes congradulations, be happy ! . you didn't weasel out
    of anything, when you contacted the fcc the dission could have went
    either way , they decided you was right in this case and the system
    worked in your favor. so yes be happy.:)

26. RudyRules

RudyRules New Member

My Phone:
    Razor
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel

27. army1

army1 Banned

My Phone:
    obama won

28. eatmydust2000

eatmydust2000 New Member