Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Getting fed-up with VX6000

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by Crazyboy, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Crazyboy

Crazyboy Member

My Phone:
    Samsung a670
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon...Maybe Cingular AGAIN
    This is my 4th replacement phone and the Microphone broke on it. This is the second time this has happened on my VX6000. The other 2 had bad freezing problems. I am a little sick of going into the stores and dealing with some of those Tech's. She was telling me one of the reasons my phone was freezing was because I downloaded a "bridge" wallpaper. Um...the bridge wallpaper came with the phone...I only had it as my default. Thought she would have known. Anyway, I wonder what they will do for me. I hope they give me the Audiovox 8900 back. Im sure I would have less problems with that phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. MoelissaS

MoelissaS New Member

I am also on my 4th!! I have had completely diff problems though. My phone always goes into roaming when I am placing a call and drops 3 out of 5 calls. My phone did not come with a bridge wallpaper, hmmmm.. I wonder if it depends on your market?!? LG needs to work on releasing a much better, more reliable camera phone. They have a lot of catching up to do with other manufacturers. Don't get me wrong I love LG, but if you have gone through what I have with this phone you would throw it out the car window going 100 mph!!!

3. Amarillo

Amarillo New Member

My Phone:
    LG vx-8610 Decoy
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Gee, and you're from Utah. Isn't that one of the Empty States? [​IMG] I've had my 6000 for a few weeks now, and aside from some initial doubts about the RF, since resolved, have love every minute of it. My previous phone was a Moto V60(nmi), and altho it is a rock-solid little phone, I mainly fell in love with the 6000's color monitor. I think LG has done a fine job on this phone. Too many people are happy with it for LG to need to release "a much better, more reliable camera phone".

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MoelissaS

MoelissaS New Member

We are all entitled to our own opinions [​IMG] Everyone I talked to has had to exchange their phone at least once. What does that say about the LG Camera phone?

P.S. If you have an LG 6000 and have not had to exchange it, plan on it!!! J/K

5. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    My 6K has been flawless from day one.

Oh yeah, and i've replaced it 7 times.

but not because if was defective, but because i dropped it and don't like to have scratches on any of my phones.

6. Crazyboy

Crazyboy Member

My Phone:
    Samsung a670
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Lol. I ahte scratches on my phone to but I keep a Body Glove case on to hide any I have but when I charge it I think, ugh. I went to Verizon and they gave me a totally brand new phone from the box. They also didn't do the phonebook transfer so I had to copy all of my numbers down (which is over 100) and now I have to reprogram them all. Well im off to do that now. I realy hope this phone works. Anyway im handing it over to my mom come August 1st.
    Crazyboy

7. Amarillo

Amarillo New Member

My Phone:
    LG vx-8610 Decoy
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Umm, Tony? Under what circumstances would cause you to drop your phone? Do you have a case for it? I found it (and also my Moto) very slippery. I didn't really handle the Moto much; it resided, turned off, in a side pocket of my purse nearly all the time, but the 6000 has almost become my only phone (house number call-forwarded), so as slippery as it is a case is essential.

8. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Lol tony, I am the same way [​IMG]

9. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile

10. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    It's harder to get your phone swapped with Sprint though, with Verizon, i will usually make up a whole bunch of defects and they'll just swapped it, with Sprint, if you tell them somethings wrong with your phone, they'll send it in for repair...[​IMG]

11. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon

That sucks. If I go Sprint, I will get it from Costco, most likely. Verizon does have a great return policy. In late sept, I was playing tennis with my cousin @ school. Well its very hard to hit something small with a tennis ball, even pros have a hard time being that accurate. Well...my cousin hits my 4400 and it goes flying across the court LOL. Phone was fine, battery looked like crap! Luckily it stayed on the battery side. I tod Verizon, 'the battery isn't holding a charge very well any more', and got a nice shiny battery hehe.

I also don't like cases, etc. They do take away from the look of the phone.

12. Stupiud

Stupiud Yea, I can hear you now!

My Phone:
    D2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    i have never exchanged my phone. it's still working perfectly. i get service where even soemtimes vx4400 or v60c don't! maybe it's your area's coverage thats contributing to your poor service, not the phone. Verizon is great, but by no means perfect....

13. MoelissaS

MoelissaS New Member

I wish it was the coverage because I love my LG. I have had a Mo 120c and e, a Ky 3035, a Mo V60i, a Mo T720c and so on and so on, with Verizon Wireless and it is not the coverage where I live or travel. Utah may be less populated than most places but VZW has got every company beat. I have had this replacement phone for about 5 months now. It has been better then the last ones but even though it has problems I don't want to get it replaced. I have too many downloads and I never get credited for them when I have to re-download into the new phone (I make the request w/ customer service). It has become a pain.

14. neilk

neilk Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8300
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Hmmm ... keeping my toes crossed ... if crossed fingers I couldn't type fer nuthin. Have had my 6000 for about 2 months now and am totally happy with it. I have not dropped a call when my old Mot dropped plenty. The old Mot 7868 could not make a call when in analog mode, at all, and switched into it plenty. The 6K of course stays in digital as it has no analog support, but never loses signal where the motorola did. The T730 is not even close in performance to the 6K ... if I could get my company to exchange their T730 for any of the better LG phones I would. Fortunately, I only have the company phone every 3rd week for one week, being the on-call after-hours tech then. My son has the newest Toshiba with the camcorder feature ... the 6K has a much better sound quality, and definitely a louder ring and much stronger vibrate. The Toshiba does have a sharper camera image when viewing live, but records in a lower grainy resolution. And he misses calls due to the barely there vibration.

15. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Neilk, so i take it that your son is using the Toshiba 4050 from Sprint?

16. neilk

neilk Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8300
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Yes, Tony, I believe that's the one. He showed it to me last week, when he had just gotten it. He sounds like he's in an echo chamber a lot when he talks to me. The display was sharp and clear with good color, but the short recording looked very grainy. And he missed a couple of calls from me because he didn't hear or feel them come in. I gave him the 6K to hold and called it ... he couldn't believe the difference in feel.

17. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Must be the phone if he's missing calls, assuming that you/he are in Riverside if i recalled correctly
    Sprint should have good coverage there, if he is still in his 14 day trial period he can try the Sanyo vm4500 or just cancel and get a 6K from Verizon..[​IMG]

18. neilk

neilk Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8300
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I'm in Yorba Linda, he's in Fullerton. We were at the Orange County Fairgrounds in Costa Mesa for the big Pet Expo ..... I guess it's been two weekends now. I was trying to reach him a few times when we split up. He missed the calls because he couldn't hear it ringing over the background noise ... which wasn't extreme for a fairground... no rides, not overly crowded.

19. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    oh ok, i thought maybe he was missing calls because his phone was not picking up signal.[​IMG]

20. neilk

neilk Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX8300
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Nope, missing them because the damn thing wasn't loud enough to hear on full volume over some medium background noise ... nor strong enough to feel the vibrations of when in his pocket. And I'm the hard of hearing one, not him [​IMG] One thing I love about the 6K ... I never miss a call having it on loud and vibrate, and I really am hearing impaired.

21. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Maybe your son should try the Sanyo vm4500, it has a very loud ringer.

22. Gamer03

Gamer03 Technology Aficionado
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    The "bridge" wallpaper if I remember correctly is the London Bridge.

The pre-loaded wallpaper doesn't depend on what market the phone is bought in.

Correct me if I am wrong, Tony!! [​IMG]

23. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    That is correct, the "bridge" wallpaper comes pre-loaded on all 6k's, unless you delete it

24. MoelissaS

MoelissaS New Member

I am a ditz....sorry. I have the bridge wallpaper on my phone.

25. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    lol, yeah it should stay there unless you delete it...[​IMG]

26. SKYNFAN

SKYNFAN Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX6000
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Hello everyone, I dropped away for a while, and just checked back in.

Sorry to hear people are having problems with the VX6000. So far...knock on wood, mine has worked flawlessly. I got it March 24th.

Karl

27. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Problems? nah, just small issues....welcome back Karl

28. Crazyboy

Crazyboy Member

My Phone:
    Samsung a670
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Yup only small issues. My phone is fine now and im enjoying it again [​IMG]. Now about that scratched up sid from the basketball court...not enjoying that part of the phone.