Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Getting around the Non-Compete in Cricket Dealers Contract

Discussion in 'Working or Investing in the Wireless Industry' started by cellulargirl, Dec 11, 2008.

1. cellulargirl

cellulargirl New Member

Anyone have ideas on how to get around the 6 month non-compete clause in the Cricket Exclusive Dealers contract?

I would possibly like to convert a low preforming cricket exclusive store to be an exclusive dealer for another carrier that would do better in this location. I don't want to go dark and re-open in 6 months to do it though.

2. WirelessBeachBum

WirelessBeachBum Soylent Green is People

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Is the non compete in your business name or in your personal name? Could make a difference. Also have they made any changes to your commission structure or other material changes to your contract recently, if so you may have an out, I would suggest you have your attorney take a look at the agreement for any possible work arounds.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. PacificWireless

PacificWireless New Member

Theoretically couldn’t one just open your new store under a new LLC?

4. unlimitedtalkandtext

Crickets a _____, There are trying to sue alot of people in houston. They except us to close down for 6 months. I have had my lawyer look at the contract. There is no way out. You can open a new llc under a friends (not family)name but even than cricket will still try to sue! Cricket is not suing all stores that convert. Only the ones that they feel a threat to there company. Good Luck you will need it. Best thing to do is open your new carrier near by.