Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Get it Now -- Modtones -- Anyone having Problems?

Discussion in 'SAMSUNG' started by boxermansr, Jun 21, 2003.

1. boxermansr

boxermansr Member

My Phone:
    HTC Diamond
    Wireless Provider(s):
    SprintPCS
    I was using modtones awhile ago... since they have their great deal for 3 ringtones for 2.99, I figured I may as well get a few, since I'm too lazy to put them in right now with BitPim... anyhow.. I got one the other day just fine... now today though, when I fire up modtones, and browse the categories.. it crashes...

I go to lets say.. the pop section.. i scroll thru the 1st screen, and get to teh bottom and hit NEXT. I get a message APPLICATION ERROR on the top of the screen and Memory Access at the bottom of the screen.

I have not made any modifications to the phone at all, and as I said, I downloaded a ringer the other day just fine and was able to scroll to the NEXT part.. could this be a network issue, or is the phone starting to crap out on me.... that way I can take it back to VZW... Thanks!

2. Hawaiiannights

My Phone:
    LG LX8100
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon..can you hear me now?
    Yes I noticed that last night too, its only when click "NEXT". I thought my phone just had too much memory used or something. I think the Modtones site for the A530 is still new and they are working out the bugs. Just like sometimes the Animated ringtones are there and them sometimes its not.

3. boxermansr

boxermansr Member

My Phone:
    HTC Diamond
    Wireless Provider(s):
    SprintPCS
    This is so crazy.. I spent an hour on the phone with VZW Data Technical Support. They told me the phone was defective.. which strikes me as odd, considering a week ago, I was able to download ringtones with no problems (and scroll to the NEXT screen of each category)... So they tell me to go get a new phone. I go to the VZW store, show them what's going on, and they give me a new phone.. I come home, charge it (since I got new batteries and all), fire it up, install Modtones, and start browsing.. Goto the categories (I've tried every one of them by the way), get to the bottom of the 1st screen and hit NEXT, and BAM, it crashes again.. same exact error...

At this point.. could it just be a problem with GIN/Modtones in my area, or is this possibly another defective (as they claim) phone?
    Thanks