Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Gamer03's Palm Treo 700p Review

Discussion in 'Other Smartphones and Mobile Operating Systems' started by Gamer03, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Gamer03

Gamer03 Technology Aficionado
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Well, I have officially had my Treo 700p for Sprint for over a month now (Sprint's new policy for service and phones as told to me by a rep at the store).

Pros:

• Battery is good for the size of a phone (and compared to my Samsung A900)
    • Load speaker phone and good quality
    • Microphone on phone is good (when I talk to friends, people can hear someone else talking when they are about 10 or so feet away from me)
    • Full E-mail capabilities
    • EVDO capable
    • Web pages load up pretty fast if in a good Sprint area and receiving a EVDO or the slower Vision signal (my area is all EVDO unless you go into a remote area in the interior of my county)
    • The camera takes excellent pictures for its size
    • Bluetooth range
    • Blazer is a good browser
    • Data roaming works on it if you an up to date PRL

Cons:

• Receptions is sometimes touchy (I can be getting 2 to 3 bars and then all of a sudden, the call will sound "tinny") (I have found that this is off and on and not a constant nuisance)
    • No built in WiFi access
    • You need to get used to dialing (if you have the key lock engaged, you have to hit the power button to turn it on, hit the middle button in the middle of the directional buttons and then dial)
    • No voice dial feature that I have found
    • The bluetooth range is not too good (dependent on bluetooth speaker/headset)
    • The PDA is not too small and is sort of heavy compared to my previous devices (but it does not bother me since I have big hands and I am used to the feel of it)

This is all I can think of as of right now for my review. If I can think of anything else, I will post another message.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. WiggyFife

WiggyFife still knows nothing!!!

My Phone:
    Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Thanks for the review, Gamer!!!:)

3. Gamer03

Gamer03 Technology Aficionado
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Your welcome Wiggy.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...