Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FYI: Motorola Dual Desktop Charging Station (98613H/SPN5204A)

Discussion in 'MOTOROLA' started by Critic, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Critic

Critic The Digital Ruler

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Dual Desktop Charging Station 98613H/SPN5204A
    $19.99

[​IMG]

Use as a standalone desktop charger or use with the battery charging base for dual charging capabilities (requires your Motorola phone's travel charger). Easily view charging status via phone's display or rear pocket LED. Back plate supports phone and folds down for compact storage when not in use.

Battery charging base can be detached and used in conjunction with a power supply as a battery only charger - great for traveling! Multiple inserts designed to match the contact block on the battery to the contact block on the battery charging base.

Charge your phone's battery in approximately 2-5 hours when used with your Motorola phone's travel charger (Actual charge time is dependent on travel charger).

A connector on the back of the charging unit allows for simultaneous data and power pass through and synchronization when used with data accessories.

Transform your Desktop Charging Station into a hands-free speakerphone by adding the compatible Motorola Plug-In Speaker (sold separately - works with CE bus connector phones only).

Front Pocket Phone Compatibility: Motorola C330 (CDMA/TDMA) series, C350 (CDMA/TDMA) series, E310, MPx220, T720 series, T730 series, V120 series, V260, V265, V300, V400, V550, V60 series, V600, V66, V70, V710 and V810 phones.

Rear Pocket Battery Compatibility: SNN5053, SNN5570, SNN5571, SNN5588, SNN5595, SNN5615, SNN5653, SNN5654, SNN5683, SNN5685, SNN5695, SNN5704, SNN5705, SNN5722, SNN5723, SNN5725, SNN5726, SNN5742, SNN5747, SYN0918A, SYN0926A, SYN0927A, SYN0928A, SYN1027A

Note:V66 & V70 batteries are not compatible with the Rear Pocket Battery Charger.

Accessory Compatibility:
    All CE bus connector travel chargers, vehicle power adapters, data cables and plug-in speakers

Link to Motorola shop page

---

Finally! Now, the only thing I need to figure out is if you can use the "pass through" to charge, say, an HS820...

2. BEATNIKSHA

BEATNIKSHA Junior Member

My Phone:
    MOTO RAZR2 V9M
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Critic,

Thanks for this info. I purchased it and can't wait to get it. Man I was waiting for this, glad its finally here!!

3. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1030
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Western Wireless
    I know you v710 people have been waiting for this but I think it's kind of fugly. I much prefer the Desktop Charger with Clock (98412 / SPN5032)

#3 MOTOhooligan, Dec 1, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2004
  4. Critic

Critic The Digital Ruler

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    The charger/clock is a bit more stylish, but it's also twice the size of the new one - and the contacts in the rear pocket aren't set up for the V710's battery. Besides, I've got at least 5 other devices within arms reach of my desk with clocks in them...I really don't need another. =)

5. EdgeDC

EdgeDC New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    About freakin' time!

Everyone, don't forget your coupon code "WEB74" to get 10% off. Good until 01/30/05.

Edge 8)

6. Cetrian

Cetrian Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Anyone have it yet? Reviews?

7. M_Six

M_Six Junior Member

My Phone:
    XV 6700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Thanks for the heads up and the coupon. Just ordered one. :biggrin:

8. Sportsman

Sportsman Senior Member

My Phone:
    Razr V3i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular, Verizon
    Thanks Critic, mine is in the mail :D

9. CableMan

CableMan New Member

I ordered 2 of these last week and UPS brought them today. There was a problem though. The battery charging base was not included with the chargers. I called the customer service number on the invoice and she could not tell me if these were supposed to be included or not so she said she would ship out another 2 chargers. Has anyone else had this problem?

10. BEATNIKSHA

BEATNIKSHA Junior Member

My Phone:
    MOTO RAZR2 V9M
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless

CableMan: I have had the exact same problem. These guys suck! The day this post was created I ordered it. When I got it a few days ago, it was minus the charging base for the extra battery. I called immedately and had to speak to four people before I got satisfaction. They said they would send me another out. I made sure they were sending the complete item and they reassured me they were. Well, today I received the replacement and of course it was missing the charging station. I got on the phone once again to customer service! After explaing everything again, they agreed to send me yet another "complete dual desk top charging station" yeah, I'll believe it when I see it! So by Wednesday or Thursday I should have another package with yet another "complete dual desk top charging station".

I am so pissed, but what can you do. These guys are :censored: up royally and I'm sick of it. So far I have two of the same item, just like you, that I'm not happy with. You can use the part we have without the charging base for the battery, but that isn't what I paid for and I want the whole thing.

Thanks for letting me vent a little. As soon as I get the third package I'l let you know the outcome.

11. BangBang

BangBang New Member

UPS just delivered mine and WTF its missing the ___ end as well.
    Interesting part is I can't even find it on Moto site anymore. GRRRRR

12. CableMan

CableMan New Member

It doesn't surprise me that they screwed these orders up. When the person you talk to on the phone has no clue as to what you're supposed to get, nothing good can come out of it. I'll post as soon as I get my "replacements" to let you know whether or not they got it right this time. I'm not holding my breath, though.

13. BangBang

BangBang New Member

Did they say they were gonna pick up the tab to send the missing ones back?

14. BangBang

BangBang New Member

I got some indian woman I could hardly understand who 20 min later tells me i have to ship the thing back to moto so they can replace it under warranty. Calling back to find someone who speaks clear english and has an IQ above 10 if possible

15. CableMan

CableMan New Member

The woman I spoke to never said anything about returning the wrong ones. She gave me a case number and said that they would ship the new ones out to me at no charge.

16. BangBang

BangBang New Member

Took me about 5 calls. Does motorola employ any non-indians? geez. Finally the last guy gave in. I gave them all hell about having to spend 1/2 of what i paid for the item on return shipping to fix THEIR mistake. He made an "exception" for me and is sending out another one FREE. Gotta call back tommorow with my case# and get my order number. We shall see what happens.

17. BEATNIKSHA

BEATNIKSHA Junior Member

My Phone:
    MOTO RAZR2 V9M
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    BangBang and everyone who wondered about employing only Indians. I saw a special a few weeks ago on 20/20 about many companies who outsource their customer service to India because it is cheaper. I believe Motorola is one of such companies. Each and every customer service agent I spoke to was of Indian decent. I spoke to one who said she was in Canada and when I told her my problem she said, "Oh, I must connect you with the United States." I wondered was she really connecting me to the US or just to the office that handled the US? hummmm :confused:

So, yes, it is true, I believe they outsoure to these places where labor is cheap and they can save a bundle. Meanwhile, do we suffer, ah, yes, yes I think we do. :censored:

18. EdgeDC

EdgeDC New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I just received my "charging station" - same problem, only one of the two parts. I received the phone charging base, I'm missing the battery charging piece, which is the whole reason I wanted this in the first place! ARGH!

Edge :cool:

19. EdgeDC

EdgeDC New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    UPDATE: (the board won't let me edit the post directly, because it's now > 60 minutes)

I called support, they recognized the problem very quickly (thanks for blazing the trail, guys!), and are supposedly shipping a "complete" kit to arrive next week. We'll see. Meanwhile the charger is still not listed on the Motorola accessories site.

Edge :cool:

20. BangBang

BangBang New Member

I got a call from Moto yest afternoon. I could not for the life of me understand him. Only thing I could make out was something about Friday and missing part. So, I dont know if they are shipping the full unit on fri or the missing part or if i'm supposed to get it on fri. I doubt moto is gonna send anything by 2 day ups. Most likely it would be shipped on fri. This will be my first and last order from Motorola. Not because of the screwup alone but because I cant understand anyone when I call. What good is Customer Service when people cant understand what they are saying!

21. Naimer

Naimer New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I too received the same desktop charger sans the extra charging pocket in the back. Since this was about par for the course in my dealings with Motorola over the last week or so with their Indian Customer Service Group (gee, I remember pushing "1" when they asked what language I spoke so how come I still ended up with The Hindu Channel) I though, well, maybe one more call and I'll get a person who can actually understand me.

The stars were in alignment when I called and talked to someone (who's name I will not even attempt to pronounce) with very good English skills who said that they are aware of the problem, that the part listed on the Web site was the wrong part number, and that they are shipping me a free "correct" part with the charging pocket. When I asked her if I needed to return the original one, she said "no, keep it as a gift for the trouble". She also said that Motorola took this item off their web site until they can correct the part number/inventory issue.

I've called maybe 15 times in the last week because of screw up on two orders, including this one. This is the first person who actually understood what I was saying and what I needed.

I have owned Motorola cell phones for 10+ years. This may be my last if they don't improve their customer service. I switched cell phone providers for the same reason.

Cheers and good luck to you folks who still have to call for this !

Joe

22. M_Six

M_Six Junior Member

My Phone:
    XV 6700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Well, we're batting a thousand. Mine came today without the rear part as well. I think I'll wait until tomorrow to call and complain. I'm in no mood to do it tonight. :mad:

I take it you either need to buy another charging cable or use the one you got with the phone, no? I really bought this charger for my office and I only have one cable. Probably easier to go to the nearest Verizon store and buy one, eh?

23. Naimer

Naimer New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    You couldn't call tonight if you wanted to: their "Hours of Operation" are something like 9 AM to 6 PM ET Monday-Friday or something totally worthless like that. I tried calling last night @ 7 PM ET and they were "closed".

Yes, you use the same cord that came with the phone, or buy a second one. If you know someone who has a Motorola V60 series or a T720 series, they use the same charger. Maybe they have an extra.

I sure as hell would not order it from Motorola. It would probably be missing the wall plug....
    :biggrin:

Cheers !

Joe

24. BangBang

BangBang New Member

Just got an email that my "new" order is being processed. I found SPN5210A on a couple sites but no pics.

ASSY,P/S,DESK TOP,,,CE BUS DL - SPN5210A SPN5210A 1 $0.00 $0.00
    ASSY,PWR/AUTO,BAT,V710/A840,PC - SYN0927A SYN0927A 1 $0.00 $0.00

Shipping method: Federal Express 2 Day

25. CableMan

CableMan New Member

I just spoke to customer service and found out that they had no record of the case number that they gave me last week. Supposedly the new parts are ordered and they gave me an order number this time. We'll see.

26. Naimer

Naimer New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I rang them up too, just to see what they would say. Apparently, this is a VERY popular accessory because the girl I spoke with said they are shipping all the replacements FeDEx 2 Day Air and that they have "thousands of these to ship out and they are processing them as quickly as they can".

I hate to see Motorola's FedEx bill for this one. Serves them right for screwing this up in the first place. Well, Mr. Moto President, all that money you saved by moving the call center to India just went down the tubes, to FedEx :)

Cheers !

Joe

27. Naimer

Naimer New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Has anyone received their replacement desktop charger yet ? I'm still waiting for mine, since last week. Just wonder if I'm going to have to call customer service again....

Merry Christmas !

28. slmnby

slmnby New Member

Got mine a few days ago. I initially ordered it a few days after the initial release, called one day later to get the back piece, arrived two days ago. Only took one (long) phone call with Motorola.

SLMNBY

29. nycdave

nycdave New Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V265
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I just got my replacement parts today after spending 8+ hours on the phone with these morons over the last 5 days! I too originally ordered the Dual Desktop Charging Station via Moto's website, and I also only got the front charging cradle minus the rear battery pocket. So, last Thursday I called and spoke with one of the "support" reps who understood what happened (the funny thing is that they will not tell you that hundreds of other people are in the same situation). He promised me that I would receive my replacement parts via 2-day FedEx, which would have meant this past Monday I should have a new package arriving from Moto. Well, when I asked if he could send me an email confirmation that includes my replacement order #, he said no, I have to send a general inquiry email asking for my order # email confirmation #. I could already tell this was not going to be a pleasant purchase with Moto.....

Long story short, after speaking to 2 different supervisors (and more than 7 regular reps), my new chargers came in today - while I was on the phone with Rod from Moto. I then hung up on him to sign for the package. He calls back and talks to my girlfriend who tells him that the package just arrived. He says to her, 'That isn't possible since I see that the order hasn't even shipped out yet!'. I just told her to hang up on him...Unbelievable.

New part number for the rear battery pocket is SPN5211A, printed on the bottom. The front stand is still the same part SPN5204A, but the replacement 'package' part number is SPN5210A/0091835. The rear pocket insert I received for my V265 battery is part number SYN0918A. The cool thing with these new rear pockets is that they have interchangeable inserts for different sized batteries, but they are not the same style as the plastic inserts for the older Dual Stand Charger (with clock).

They should have just sent out the rear pocket and insert...Now I have 2 front cradles collecting dust!

HTH!

30. BangBang

BangBang New Member

Just got this from Moto

Dear Motorola Customer:

Recently you purchased a dual pocket desktop charger from our Motorola Online Store. It has come to our attention that we inadvertently shipped the single pocket charger to you instead of the dual pocket charger. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

To rectify this situation, we are sending you the correct charger, with the appropriate inserts. You should receive this in approximately 3-5 business days. No action is required on your part, this will proceed automatically. Please keep the single pocket charger that you received, as our gift to you. You will receive automated emails to inform you of the shipment date, and the tracking number.

If you have any questions about this process, please see our support website at http://commerce.motorola.com/consumer/QWhtml/contact_us.html.

Sincerely,

Motorola Customer Care