Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Full retail ordering question

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by TWX, Aug 13, 2011.

1. TWX

TWX Mobile Enthusiast

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 5s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Hey Folks,

I have to buy a new BlackBerry for work and I'll have to pay full retail through Verizon.

Dumb question, but the Verizon web store makes it seem like they do not allow people to just straight up buy phones WITHOUT adding a line. I even asked a rep through chat and they said I would have to open a new line just to get the phone. I thought I could simply buy the phone outright, then have it shipped to me, and simply go into my account manager and use the "Activate or Switch Device" feature to activate the Bold on my existing line.

I need a BlackBerry for work because I need a physical keyboard. I'm waiting for the 9930 to launch (August 15th). My iPhone is doing alright, but I need to be able to type faster than I can right now. My business basically depends on extremely fast response times and the BlackBerry is where it's at.

I will still be keeping my iPhone 4 to use when on a vacation or etc...

Can anyone please chime in? Thanks!

2. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    Yes, you are able to do exactly this. First, you have to login into your account and next to your device, there is a link that says "Upgrade my device". Alternatively, this is also in the drop down menu under "my Verizon". The appropriate pricing should be shown for the phones... if not, you should be able to select retail pricing.

If all else, fails, CS (toll free or at the store) will sell you a phone at full retail.

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #2 QLR, Aug 14, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  3. TWX

TWX Mobile Enthusiast

My Phone:
    iPhone 5s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Thanks Quint. Much MUCH more helpful than the rep. :D

4. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    Maybe not practicable if you truly need to mobile, but I use the $69 apple BT keyboard with my iPhone. Then you can type really fast and control screen brightness, volume and iPod from it too.

It is small and light weight.

---
    - Sent from my iPhone 4 with TapaTalk.