Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Full duplex? Doesn't sound like it.

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by reasen, Jan 24, 2006.

1. reasen

reasen New Member

I am using a Samsung A620 with Sprint PCS in the Bay Area, California. Two problems:
    1. Microphone is weak. Most people keep telling me to speak louder. Is that typical for this phone? I'm planning to open phone case and clean the hole to the mic.
    2. Main problem: PCS service isn't really full duplex. When I interrupt other party, there's a cut-out, switchover delay, and then I can be heard and she cannot be heard. I expected full duplex service.

Would a new phone work? Are other services better in my area in this regard. Could the weak microphone be contributing to the cut-out behavior?

2. CellGeek

CellGeek Sprint is the BOMB!

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I am in Southern California using a Sanyo 7400 and do not have this problem. You may want to try another phone. Borrow a friend's or coworker's phone that has Sprint and try it.

3. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    The Samsung A620 is not a full duplex speak phone. Some Sprint phones have better speaker phones than other do. There are a few that are full duplex.

4. reasen

reasen New Member

Thanks, Larry, that's the first I've heard this - that this phone is not full-duplex. The service rep at Sprint told me that the cut-out symptoms I described are "just the way wireless is". Hmmm.

So, I'm up for contract renewall in May and can select a new phone then with a (I think) $150 discount. Can you and other readers suggest phone models that will provide full duplex service on Sprint?

5. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    It's tough because Sprint doesn't release any info on whether or not a phone has full-duplex. The users have to find out on their own most of the time.

6. reasen

reasen New Member

I just checked ConsumerReports.org, Jan 06 article on wireless phones, and not a mention of full duplex. I'm the only one I know of who notices the difference and cares. Do you think this issue is worth a new thread?

7. larry

My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    If I were you I would go over to sprintusers.com and make a thread there. That way you'll get better info because there's a lot of people there who know about the speakers on phones.