Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Front Range Colorado

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Dec 12, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I want to get service and phones for my mom, daughter and myself. The problem is that my mom lives on the Eastern plains and I cannot get any definite answer regarding what companies provide service. The zip code is 80828. AT&T should provice service but the website says they don't. And I've had similar problems with other sites. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Using the zip you provided, I went to Yahoo Yellow Pages and entered the zip 80828 (Limon, CO). Using that zip, I performed a search for wireless. One listing came back: Comm Net Cellular Inc 186 E Ave Limon, CO (719) 775-9731

Try talking to them about who the providers are in the area.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Comm Net was taken over by Verizon but if get you get service with Verizon get the regional plan because their local coverage in Co is parts here and there with regional plan you get the whole state. I had problem with roaming on there local plan but they fix it and put me on regional plan and I have not had a problem.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

There are only 2 providers in Limon, Verizon and Cellular One West. Verizon is excellent, however the Local plan in Limon does not include free roaming into Denver, and vice versa. So you would be smart to get the Single Rate West plan, which covers it all, with free LD.

You can go to a Verizon store or Radio Shack in Denver and get all 3 phones, yours with a Denver number, and Mom's with a Limon number. You might also consider their Regional Family Share plan if you are paying all 3 bills, as it now includes the whole Single Rate West area. There is a coverage map of Single Rate West at:

http://www.mountainaudio.com/wireless/vzsrwmap.htm

and a Colorado map at:

http://pages.prodigy.net/billradio/vzdccomap.htm

Verizon is still analog in Limon, but their objective is to be digital coast to coast as soon as the crews can get it done.

Cellular One has a pretty good system, however, if you travel a little north, south or west of Limon, you'll be charged for roaming!

Let us know what you do, and how it works out.

-Bill Radio
    Cellular Ratings & Reviews at: www.mountainwireless.com

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Looks like Verizon it is!
    Now I need help with the phones.
    I want the cheap ones!!! I have 3 choices--the Audiovox CDM4500, the Ericsson A1228c, or the Nokia 5185i.

Any suggestions?? I read the info regarding the Nokia but I can't seem to find info on the Audiovox or the Ericsson.

Thanks so much for your help!

6. Guest

Guest Guest

In order of preference:

My wife has the Nokia 5185i and loves it. She even threatened, "don't give me a different phone for Christmas!" So I may give her a different color faceplate. Nokia is the #1 seller in the world, so you can't go wrong. Nokia accessories are available cheap and everywhere. Even at the Limon truck stop (last time I was there).

The Audiovox 4500 is actually a newer design than the 5185i, but it is old among the Audiovox line. My brother-in-law has one and likes it a lot. It is quite small for the battery life you get. Personally, I don't like the menu system, I find myself pressing more keys than I'm used to.

The Ericsson's have gotten a few bad reports in the past, this model may be different. However, I would avoid it strictly because it is dual-mode, not tri-mode, thus has limited usefulness. For example, you cannot sign up for the Single Rate National plan with it.

If the Audiovox is signficantly cheaper than the Nokia, (yes, it can be cheaper than free!) it is still a fine phone.

-Bill Radio

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I got the Verizon service and the Nokia phones. However, the employees at Radio Shack had no clue what they were talking about (and lied to me about the phones and service) so I ended up at an actual Verizon store.

I walked in already knowing what I wanted and it made the process much easier. I also got the benefit of not getting ripped off by Radio Shack.

Thanks again for the help!!

Happy Holidays.