Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

FreeUp Weekend Minutes

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Mooby, May 9, 2002.

1. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    mooby sounds like you have had a very good experience with verizon

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Mooby

Mooby Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo 8200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS, Prior-Verizon FreeUp
    Jack,
    Indeed my experience with Verizon has been excellent all along. The sales people were very nice and helpful(even switching faceplates for me at no charge) and the service has been phenomenal. I usually get 4 bars even without extending the antenna on my phone. Verizon seems to have incredible coverage in my area. It's good to know that if I decide FreeUp isn't cutting it that I'll be able to get the same great coverage and service with a post pay plan from Verizon.

3. Jack

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    exactly a verizon benefit

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. perkyRN

perkyRN New Member

I switched from AT&T Free2go to Verizon's FreeUP back in April and I have to say that it is the best decision I've made. Not only has Verizon been cheaper per minute, but getting the 200 off peak minutes with the $50 card is a major bonus. Plus I'm liking the fact that Verizon is nation-wide.

One problem I had though was I originally got that Audiovox CDM-100...what a piece of crap! In 2 weeks it died. I ended up getting the Motorola V120c. It didn't cost me anything (I actually ended up getting $5 back) because of the warranty. But I really do love the V120c...it's a heck of a lot better than the Nokia 5165 I had with AT&T.

JMHO. I'm quite happy now that I'm with Verizon.[​IMG]

5. Jack

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    seems more and more people are enjoying verizon free up to at&t wireless prepaid.

Jack

6. Mooby

Mooby Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo 8200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS, Prior-Verizon FreeUp
    perky,
    That audiovox phone looked like a POS plus it was only a dual mode so I opted to get a Kyocera 2135(luckily I got one with a black faceplate). I thought about the motorola 120 but ultimately I liked the menus on the Kyocera better. Overall though, it sounds like we've had similar experiences. My Nokia 5165 on ATT was terrible. A friend of mine has one using Cingular and it is very bad as well. Frequent echoes and delays while talking. Very poor call quality. My kyocera is much much better. I've been very happy with freeup and will definitely go with Verizon in the future for a rate plan should I need one.

7. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I have a Nokia 5165 and I haven't had a problem with call quality on it so far. Most people can't even tell I am on a wireless phone when I am talking on it.

8. Jack

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    all depends on the areas that you are in

Jack