Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

FREEUP voicemail question

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by aznmp3, Aug 11, 2002.

1. aznmp3

aznmp3 Junior Member

For people who got freeup, when you receive voicemail or text mail, does the icon on the phone show you that you have voicemail / text message when you receive it? My brother's phone does not get the signal of receiving voice mail at all? What's wrong with it?

2. Mooby

Mooby Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo 8200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS, Prior-Verizon FreeUp
    My phone alerts me immediately of new text messages, but I never do get the voice mail indicator either. It's not a problem now that I use the built in answering machine on my T300 but it still is an inconvienience if someone calls me and my phone happens to be turned off.

3. aznmp3

aznmp3 Junior Member

Does the VX1 or the 510 have this same function?

4. Mooby

Mooby Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo 8200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    As far as I know, the only phone that Verizon has that has the built in answering machine is the T300.

5. Chalumeau77

Chalumeau77 New Member

My first phone, the Kyocera 2135pp did alert me of my voicemail. Never did have any problem with voicemail on my FreeUp account. I would suggest that you call CS to sort it out. Tell them the problem and get them to fix it. It would be a network problem and not the phone.

6. Mooby

Mooby Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo 8200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Even though I use the answering machine on the T300, I think I will drop a note to CS as the few times I've had voice mail on either phone(my 2135 or my T300) I've never seen the VM indicator. What is the VM indicator on the T300? Does that little red light blink?

7. Bosox36

Bosox36 New Member

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Mooby: I'm looking into getting the Samsung t300 or the n300, how has your experience been etc., and would you recommend it for Verizon?

9. Chalumeau77

Chalumeau77 New Member

I believe the red light does blink and there should be an icon on top of the phone display too. I'm not 100% totally sure as most of my VM are going to my answering machine [​IMG]