Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

T-Mobile Free Year of Hulu for VZW switchers to T-Mobile

Discussion in 'Wireless News' started by JFB, Dec 10, 2015.

1. JFB

JFB Gold Senior Member
    Administrator Super Moderator

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Essential PH-1
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Simple Mobile (T-Mobile MVNO)
    *Press Release*

T-Mobile Unwraps a Full Year of Hulu & Half-Off the Hottest Holiday Gifts for Verizon Customers
    Now, Verizon customers who make the switch to T-Mobile can get one full year of Hulu—no trade-in required—and up to 50% off select gifts from smartwatches to speakers to games

Bellevue, Washington — December 10, 2015 — T-Mobile (NASDAQ: TMUS) today unwrapped the fourth gift in its series of Un-carrier Unwrapped holiday surprises, this time for Verizon customers. The Un-carrier first gave its Simple Choice customers three months of Unlimited LTE. Then, Sprint customers got $200 per line when they switched. And AT&T customers can still get a phone memory upgrade and half-off accessories when they make the switch through Sunday, December 13. Now, T-Mobile’s giving Verizon customers 12 months of mobile viewing joy with up to a full year of Hulu when they come to the Un-carrier, no trade-in required.

In addition, T-Mobile’s also offering up to half off its world-class line-up of financed in-store accessories for Verizon customers who join the Un-carrier. That could mean as much as a $125 discount on the hottest mobile gifts, like the latest smartwatches, UE Boom and JBL Bluetooth speakers, top-of-the-line headphones, Fitbit fitness trackers, Guitar Hero Live for iOS and more. For a full list of T-Mobile accessories and gift ideas, seewww.t-mobile.com/accessories.html.

“Verizon customers put up with a lot of sneaky tricks from Big Red these days. Overpriced data, shocking overage penalties and no early upgrade option – just to name a few,” said John Legere, president and CEO of T-Mobile. “So while Verizon spends billions of dollars on TV ads screaming that ‘better matters,’ we are going to show their customers why the Un-carrier is better with a real gift, half-off the best accessories and a full year of Hulu that comes with unlimited LTE streaming with Binge On at T-Mobile! It’s a gift that will keep giving all year long!”

When a customer watches Hulu, they’re paying a lot more than a normal subscription fee with other carriers, thanks to inflated data charges and overages. Binge-watching a full season of Hulu’s original The Mindy Project– which just aired its mid-season finale of season four - eats up about 2.6 GBs of high-speed data. That could cost as much as $40 extra on your Verizon bill, depending on the data plan. Watch one too many shows, and you’ll tip into Verizon’s overage penalties to the tune of $15 as soon as you go even a single KB over your data limit.

This latest Un-carrier Unwrapped gift is available starting tomorrow, December 11th, through December 17th in T-Mobile stores or by phone. Customers who switch any Verizon number to T-Mobile’s Simple Choice postpaid plan will get a text message with a $100 Hulu subscription gift code, good for more than 12 months of Hulu’s Limited Commercials plan. No trade-in necessary.

In addition, Verizon’s customers are eligible for T-Mobile’s Carrier Freedom and up to $650 per line or more to cover Verizon’s early termination fees (ETFs) or the balance owed on your Verizon phone when you switch your number to T-Mobile with a trade-in.

There’s never been a better time for Verizon customers to come to the Un-carrier. Watch all the Hulu you want all year long without watching your data, thanks to Binge On. Plus, Verizon customers get all those other Un-carrier extras like unlimited global data roaming and texting in more than 140 countries, the freedom to use your phone in Mexico and Canada like you do at home, unlimited streaming music with Music Freedom and more—and all on America’s fastest 4G LTE network.

$100 Hulu gift code can be used for one year of limited commercials plan valued at $7.99 per month or may be applied to any other Hulu plan. Application of credit to any other Hulu plan may reduce the duration of the offer. Submit gift code at www.T-Mobile.com/promotions by 1/31/16; must remain active and in good standing at time T-Mobile code is processed. Eligible customers will receive a Hulu code via text message; must be redeemed at www.hulu.com/gift. Hulu Terms of Use apply. Binge On video typically streams at DVD quality (480p or better); you may disable at any time but will lose certain benefits. Accessories Discount: Finance agreement (min. $69, max. $250) required. Applied as monthly credit for as long as you maintain service over 24 months. If you cancel wireless service, remaining accessory balance at full price becomes due.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 25 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Max, iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Netflix, maybe, but Hulu? NOT (for me). Though I'd keep my primary line with Verizon, if such insanity were to occur.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Where I live, switching to T-Mobile with offers like this would be akin to buying the latest car with all the latest tech gadgets -- "There is just one itsy bitsy problem," says the salesman, "there's no engine." Every T-Mobile customer I know here complains about dropped calls, widespread "no signal" and more. Here, John Legere is the bombastic Donald Trump of wireless.

4. Steve B

Steve B Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 6S Plus - Gold
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I've seen T-Mobile make vast improvements, at least in my area (Seattle, WA). However, I say their service is like a huge good thing but, really rough around the edges and that the roughness really shows. They may be making network expansions but, for years they keep on having the same quality issues that never seem to go away. Things like, hours or even days delayed SMS, broken up SMS, calls not being routed to the receiving device. So the caller hears the phone ringing in their ear but the person whom they're calling doesn't know a call is trying to come through. I know tickets have been filed but yet, these same issues keep popping up. I've tried T-Mobile a few times and until they get "quality" under control, I'll stick with VZW.

5. palandri

palandri Former Palm Guy

My Phone:
    Pixel 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Project Fi
    I've had T-Mobile a couple of times and they aren't too bad around Chicago, but there are dead spots and building penetration is poor with 1700/2100 aws.