Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

FREE WAP ON VX6000

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by bobby19711, Jul 8, 2003.

1. BNW

BNW Junior Member

yeah i bet that keypad is an issue some Korean engineer is kickin' himself in the ___ for skipping over.

you know if you can get pictures to pop up on wap, my friend w/ sprint can search for jenna jameson on google and her boobs pop up. is that possible with wap?

2. GoodmanR

GoodmanR Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Moto v3 Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular (Voice) + T-Mobile (Blackberry)
    if he can do it on sprint you should be able to do it on verizon as they use the same sites, code etc....make sure he doesnt have an xhtml browser, which i think only one sprint phone had, it might have been an lg that came out right after they introduced vision....

if he uses regular wap, you should be able to do it, try google or something like that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BNW

BNW Junior Member

yeah he has a samsung and i dont think it has xhtml, i will have to play around w/ wap on my off peak minutes

4. GoodmanR

My Phone:
    Moto v3 Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    i dont think any samsung cdma's have xhtml.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. BNW

BNW Junior Member

man i cant wait to get on the wap tonight to look for jenna jameson.

is there anyway that verizon could find out we are using the wap without that monthly fee?

6. GoodmanR

My Phone:
    Moto v3 Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    yeah but it doesnt matter. what you pay for when you do the monthly fee through verizon is to use their gateway. but you provided your own free iplinks and ports through a third party which is free so it doesnt matter. the only thing that your using that effects verizon in any way when accessing the mobile web is mins, which you are billed for anyways. so theres nothing that would prohibit you from being allowed to do this.

7. GoodmanR

My Phone:
    Moto v3 Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    bnw,

figured out how to change the homepage a different way. while browsing hold down 0, then select advanced and you should be able to do it from there.

i dont know why i didnt think of this before, sorry to make you reset the whole thing. but in case you want to play with different homepages, this is easier.

8. BNW

BNW Junior Member

yep that is an easy way to do it. have you been able to see any pictures on the browser yet? i have only just gotten text so far.

9. GoodmanR

My Phone:
    Moto v3 Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    no ive never been able to see pictures beyond the logos of sites such as cnn ever. i have used wap extensively for several years and have never seen full pictures.

10. BNW

BNW Junior Member

my friend probably has xhtml then, that bastard.

11. bobby19711

bobby19711 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Actually, Sprint uses WAP 2.0 enabled phones. WAP 2.0 allows for color images and things like that. Verizon does not support WAP 2.0 yet.

12. Lenney97

Lenney97 Junior Member

Do you know if this phone supports wap 2.0?

13. chopsticksboi

chopsticksboi New Member

Can someone tell me if i use www.waptunnel.com and its service(which is free) how do i set it up on my vx6000 so it will work. Thanks

14. GoodmanR

My Phone:
    Moto v3 Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    read earlier in the post.

press menu 0 , 000000 go down to wap settings, put the ip in link1 and the port in port 1

exit that, start the browser and put in your homepage

www.wildrice.com/wap is waht i use

15. bobby19711

bobby19711 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    You could make your own wap homepage and put the links you want on it as well. tagtag.com is a good place to make one.

16. aTm

aTm New Member

I'm not sure what this "Express Network" that I've read about a couple times now...but I don't believe I ever signed up for it or asked for it -- although I can send pix and everything. Anyways, my question is that I set it up to get it "free" but before I actually "sign onto" the web or whatever you wanna call it when you're on a phone, it says "Charges will apply when minibrowser starts"...am I being charged for something here that I don't know about? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

aTm

17. GoodmanR

My Phone:
    Moto v3 Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    if you set it up as described in this post. it uses your mins. only, no additionaly charges are incured.

18. MayaMan

MayaMan New Member

I set up the free WAP like described in these posts and it works perfectly. However, when I go into the gallery, select a picture and try to e-mail it I get a message that says "service not set up on the network". Do I need another Verizon service to e-mail pictures?

19. AndrewJohnston

AndrewJohnston New Member

OK, looks like I'm all set with the free WAP settings...but every time I press the web button I get a message saying "Now Launching Minibrowser: Charges will apply. OK?". Am I getting charged even though I have it configured to go to wildrice.com using the IP, etc. I got from this thread? If I'm *not* getting charged, how can I disable this message?

20. GoodmanR

My Phone:
    Moto v3 Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    you are getting charged for mins used, but not the $7 monthly fee, just ignore that prompt.

mayaman,

picture messaging and the verizon getpix service arent connected to mobile web. to do the pix go to verizonwireless.com and go to the get it now section, and set up your pix website. then you can email it to your phone or do it through the site.

21. MayaMan

MayaMan New Member

GoodmanR,
    Thanks for the info. I've read quite a few your contributions to this forum and you are an invaluable resource. I went to the Getpix website and signed up for a free account to access to the site, but I did not upgrade my Verizon service to include the $2.99 a month service. I uploaded a picture from my hard drive to the Getpix site and used the "send" feature to send it to my phone, but all I received on the handset was a text message and a hyperlink. I still can't send a picture taken with the VX 6000 to a regular e-mail account. I don't need all of the services Getpix offers, but I will pay for it if it is required to do this. I just don't want any unecessary services. Thanks for the free WAP everybody!!!

22. GoodmanR

My Phone:
    Moto v3 Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    you recieved it as a text message? not in the picture messaging folder?

im not that invaluable...many people know more than me, i just have a job which requires me to do nothign so i can post a lot

23. MayaMan

MayaMan New Member

I looked in the Pix Inbox - #4 on the Camera menu - and I get a message that says "No picture messages or notifications.". However, when I looked in in the Inbox - #3 on the Messages menu - I have a message that says "You've got a Picture Message! To see it, visit www.vzwpix.com/mlib/getpix/ from any computer . . ." . I signed up for a free Getpix account to see if I could at least send a picture from Verizon's website to my phone. I don't really have any need for either the free or the paid Getpix service right now unless one of them is required to send pictures from my phone to a regular e-mail account.

24. auxiliary

auxiliary New Member

I fooled around with WAP settings. I have been searching around for some WAP home pages to use. I do like www.wildrice.com/wap , looks like the best so far. I think it is very funny that if you go to MSN, it is the samething that Verizon offers for 4.99 or 6.99 ( that is another funny story).

My question is this, the ip and port that is listed in the thread should work with all the other WAP home pages as long as it is noted somewhere?

Second question is I used the IP and Port listed here and it seems that when on Wildrice, some things do not work.

Amazon, error: the resource type'text/x-hdtml' is not present in the client acceptable media types set. [www.amazon.com/phone]

CNET, error network error

IOBOX, error invalid WML content

Some of them do work. Is that normal for everyone , or did I change something on the phone

25. GoodmanR

My Phone:
    Moto v3 Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    those dont work for me either...

i think the links are jsut wrong.

adn yeah the same settings will work on any phone, although you might have to adjsut the port.

see www.waptunnel.com

26. ralicea

ralicea New Member

I just set up my wap settings as recommended and is working great!! The only problem I have found is that there are very few sites that can be accessed. I was trying to set it up for Mapquest but did not work.

Does anybody know of a site that might list wap sites?

My son has an LG but doesn't know the model. I took the battery out and it says the model is LG TM520. Does anybody know how I can access the settings on this cell so I can set up his WAP...thanks.

BTW, great thread.

27. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
  28. Swordmasterblack

Swordmasterblack Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V505/v551/v3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular/AT&T Wireless Verizon Wireless
    does anyone know how to get the browser notification to work with an email? kinda like cellscape used to work? or does anyone know of a page that works like cellscape?

29. ckserny

ckserny New Member

I tried www.wildrice.com/wap and the cell site seems to be down... Has it changed addresses or something? Does anyone know, and can anyone fix it??

30. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    hmm! just tried and is not responding, tried this homepage http://tagtag.com/stash
    that will get you something in the meantime, it also has a link to wildrice but it 's also not responding.