Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

FREE WAP ON VX6000

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by bobby19711, Jul 8, 2003.

1. bobby19711

bobby19711 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V710
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I was wondering if anyone knows how get to the menu to change the Gateway IP and Port for free WAP? My phone is still charging and I haven't had a chance to play around with it yet, but I am guessing someone already figured it out? Thanks.

2. njsvrzncdma

njsvrzncdma i cant stop the ringing..

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    link one ip one 207.232.99.109
    link one port one 9201

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BHoff

BHoff New Member

OK, exactly what does this give you? Free WAP? you mean Wireless web without the monthly charge?

Can someone further enlighten me?

4. njsvrzncdma

njsvrzncdma i cant stop the ringing..

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    yes it lets you connect withou the monthly fee but still uses your minutes

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. BNW

BNW Junior Member

Hey I just got my VX6000 and whenever I go to my mobile web it says security is not enabled. What does that mean? Also, where do I input that new IP address and port for free web? Thanks guys!

PS-I don't think my Verizon store activated my Pix sending capabilities because whenever I go to send one to another phone, the online folder, or an e-mail address it says it can't be sent even when I am in a perfect coverage area. I paid the extra money for the messaging also. I tried calling *611 but they are closed after 11pm. I thought Verzion "Never stopped working for me"!

6. GoodmanR

GoodmanR Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Moto v3 Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular (Voice) + T-Mobile (Blackberry)
    press menu.

then 0

then 000000 as the service code

option 9 for wap setting

then enter the information in the respective fields under ip 1 and port 1

7. BNW

BNW Junior Member

hey guys, thanks for the help but now after I get into openwave i get a prompt when I try to click links like cool sites: The resource type `text/html` is not present in the media types set. [http://www.openwave.com/sites/index.wml][​IMG]

8. lv

lv New Member

I get the same error message

9. BNW

BNW Junior Member

any answers to lv and my dillema. i also hope to get a usb cable tomorrow. thinking that maybe i could use my vx6000 as the dialup modem for my lap top during my free offpeak minutes. is this possible? thanks guys.

10. GoodmanR

My Phone:
    Moto v3 Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    you need to put a homepage in that works.

try www.wildrice.com/wap , it has some links on it

put that in where www.openwave.com was,

let me know if it doesnt work, the fact that you got there though means the rest of it, the iplinks and the ports are set up right.

11. BNW

BNW Junior Member

hey goodman, i noticed the homepage when i first signed into the browser and didnt think at all and just hit OK. now i cant find how to get back to change my homepage, it takes me right to the openwave every damn time. [​IMG]

12. BNW

BNW Junior Member

hey goodman, you know anything about usb or serial cables for the 6000? I remember Alex said the 1200 cables would work but he had driver problems with the usb one. Just wanted your input

13. BNW

BNW Junior Member

also, do you know anything about the gpsOne option in the service menu under field tests? Curiousity killed the cat.

14. GoodmanR

My Phone:
    Moto v3 Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    not to my credit do i know anything, i get it all on here or howard forums

15. GoodmanR

My Phone:
    Moto v3 Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    the gps one is difficult to get anything out of. i hear that by turning on the test screen and calling 911 it displays your location on the scree, but i wouldnt try it

there are some new options here which werent on the 4000, such as something that looks like it displays avalible gps info, im gonna play with that some more today and see what i can find.

16. BNW

BNW Junior Member

do you know where to go to change my homepage on the web browser?

17. GoodmanR

My Phone:
    Moto v3 Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    to the problems with WAP, go back into the wap settings in teh service menu. change them to somethign random. try accessing it, get an error and then change them back to what you have them at right now. it should then prompt you again to enter a homepage. that should take care of that for you.

I dont really know all that much about the data cables on this phone. I get a Verizon Mobile Office Kit through work, which works fine. You dont need to shell out $65 for the Verizon one though. I can tell you that most of the other cables work fine, but will take a few mins. to set up.

18. BNW

BNW Junior Member

alright i'll try the WAP thing now.
    since you are responding quickly i will go ahead and ask:
    when i get my cable can i use my phone as a dial up modem for my lap top during my off peak unlimited night and weekend minutes?

19. GoodmanR

My Phone:
    Moto v3 Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    the best way to do it is through express network. right now verizon is running a promotion, at least they were a few days ago, that lets you use your americas choice mins. for express net with no additional charge, so you could surf all night and weekend.

the promotional code for the was 1xpp1 as far as i remember. if not search the northeast forums for free express network. just call or email verizon and tell them to do it with the code.

20. BNW

BNW Junior Member

is there a way to change the get it now service settings to get free get it now?

by the way, i still can't change my homepage, i put in my original IP and port and got the error. then i put in the free IP and Port and the homepage was still set and saved in the memory and it took me right there.

21. BNW

BNW Junior Member

ah hell yes! goodman i went to the service menu, then went to wap, and reset my browser there. it restarted my phone, i put in the new IP and port and it prompted me for a homepage. I put www.wildrice.com/wap and it worked! thanks goodman![​IMG]

22. BNW

BNW Junior Member

now will this IP and port work for the 4400?

23. GoodmanR

My Phone:
    Moto v3 Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    ive been trying to figure out how to get free get it now for awhile. i need to find a generic subscriber id or something like that. i think i may be able to get it to download without using mins. but i need to check on that.

sorry that that didnt work with the homepage, it worked on the vx10. try going in that same menu with the wap setting and select reset browser, i think its option 6. then put all the info in again. if that doesnt work, let me know and ill see what i can figure out.

24. BNW

BNW Junior Member

i was thinking, what if you went to the verizon store and played around with their demo floor model. look at the settings on theirs and use the IP they have on the demos for get it now for your get it now.

25. GoodmanR

My Phone:
    Moto v3 Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    yeah but the problem is you cant edit your subscriber id. you can display it but not edit it. you would have to be able to figure out how to edit it in order to do that. i think the phone may have to be unlocked to do htat, which definately isnt worth doing.

26. GoodmanR

My Phone:
    Moto v3 Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    did you get your wap working?

27. BNW

BNW Junior Member

yeah i got the wap working and i also went into my verizon store to see about my downed pix messaging. my regular verizon sales person had off yesterday so i was stuck with a new guy. today my regular guy found out that the idiot yesterday didnt activate my extended network and pix messaging. so not only could i not send pix, i couldnt recieve calls! now i am sending pix like crazy and surfin the WAP. now how am i charged with the WAP? i hope i dont have weird expenses all over my bill from wap.

also do you know if you can make the keypad stay on longer, mine only stays on for 10 seconds. i even changed my lcd to stay on the whole time my phone is open and the keypad still turns off. i think i might go shoppin for a usb cable later so i can get some free ringtones and midis. i tried sending a midi to my phone from that pix place site and it didnt work.

thanks for your help goodman

28. Lenney97

Lenney97 Junior Member

Ok guys.. sorry for the dumb question but what is wap? how is it different from mobile web?

29. BNW

BNW Junior Member

it's the same thing as mobile web but under the service menu that goodman showed me it is called WAP. WAP is the big name for mobile web.

30. GoodmanR

My Phone:
    Moto v3 Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    with wap it uses your mins. when the phone icon is on, which happens when you load pages etc....so be careful not to overuse it, except after 9 :)

that port and ip will owrk on any phone...

for the keypad light, i dont know of a way to make it stay on longer, i was originally hoping it was synchronized with the display but it is not.