Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Free Mobile to Mobile?

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by gymnasttory, May 31, 2009.

1. gymnasttory

gymnasttory New Member

My Phone:
    LG Scoop
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I have the 1000 texts, picture, and video per month and unlimited mobile to mobile and unlimited mycircle plan. The bill is normally $130 a month once we add in the two other phones on the bill but this month it jumped to $305 a month. My mother does not text. My brother has unlimited everything.. the bill was supposedly caused by overage on texting from my phone. They said I went over by about 2000 texts this month. I only texted those on Alltel all month long with the exception of about 200 otherwise. But I have 1000 so there should have been no overage... my question is, is Alltel possibly known for charging people for mobile to mobile texting even though it is free and unlimited? I think that they charged me for all the texts I sent to other Alltel customers even though it should have been free! Is this a possibility and if so what do I do about it? My father already went into the store to see what was going on... that is where they found out that I went over on texts... but wouldn't the Alltel person have seen the fact that it was mobile to mobile texts and realized it was really a mistake? are they trying to con us out of our money?

2. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Hello gymnsttory welcome to WA.

I am not familiar with Alltel but typically unlimited mobile to mobile refers to voice i.e. unlimited calling not texting. Are you sure your plan includes unlimited m2m texting? It appears that it doesn't & you got charged for all texts over the 1000.
    Palm850/v0100 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

The answer varies greatly and without further details it's not easy to diagnose. You need to say EXACTLY what plan you are on. Your best bet it to speak with a CS representative with Alltel. Although they can't see who you sending/receiving to/from, they can work with you on payment or maybe possibly rerating the line as though it had Connection Pack 3 with Unlimited text on it. It may add $20/month to your bill, but what's $20 compared to the overage you are talking about?

A rerate is NOT a guarantee so don't call in and demand it. It it's availble (based on many factors the rep will evaluate during your call) it will be offered.

4. gymnasttory

gymnasttory New Member

My Phone:
    LG Scoop
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    well I checked my plan and it is supposed to include unlimited mobile to mobile. We will be getting the bill in the mail tomorrow, but from what my father told me from when he went into the store it sounds like they charged us for even the mobile to mobile.

5. royc

royc Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V262
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (Alltel)
    Unlimited mobile-to-mobile calls or texts? Just about all recent Alltel plans have unlimited mobile-to-mobile calling but only My Circle message packs have unlimited mobile-to-mobile texting. Here's the description:

My Circle Message Packs include:

* UNLIMITED text, pictures and videos to all Your Circle numbers, including text-to-landline messages
    * UNLIMITED mobile-to-mobile messaging
    * Your choice — 400 or 1000 additional messages

Check your bill to see if your text plan is "My Circle" or if it's an older text plan where you just get 1000 messages (no free ones).

royc

6. gymnasttory

gymnasttory New Member

My Phone:
    LG Scoop
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    okay, thanks royc! That really helps! I will be sure to check that on the bill. Thank you so much all that responded!