Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

FREE Internet on your T616/T610, Well kinda anyway.

Discussion in 'All Other Brands of Wireless Phones' started by Michael95GT, Aug 23, 2003.

1. Michael95GT

Michael95GT Junior Member

First off, I don't know it works because my phone is unlocked or not. It might also work on on the T30X/T31X series too, don't know about other brands.

Second, it's not really FREE, but if you have internet access in your home/office it won't cost any extra.

I recently had WIE/WI turned off on my Cingular account, because I didn't think it was worth the price. ($6.99)

We had a storm here last night and the electricity was off for about 4 hours. Bored, with nothing to do, I was playing with my phone, and proceeded to delete all the DATA accounts and WAP profiles. I then created a new account with my home ISP's number, user name and password. Damn, it connected, but I couldn't access any sites. I needed a DNS address. With a flash light I dug out a list of WAP I.P. addresss that I could never get to work on my T720 (Maybe, because it was locked?)

Anyway I tried the one for Waptunnel, no luck!(207.232.99.109)

Then for the Ericsson developer site, again, no good!(192.95.167.178)

Then for BT Cellnet. Bingo it went right through. (193.113.200.195)

Pressing the the "Internet" button on the side connects me to SonyEricsson's WAP site. Apparently deleting all the WAP profiles reverted it back to the factory specs, cause when I had WIE with Cingular, it sent me to "My Wireless Window" Witch , by the way I can still access?!?!?

In case it's not obvious, this is a CSD connection, not GPRS. SLOW but FREE!!!!!

If this has allready been posted, Sorry. Just thought I'd share.

2. hawk1500

hawk1500 New Member

Damn, I just tried exactly what you said and it wouldn't work. Oh well.