Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Free Games for Verizon???

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by Mazin06, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Mazin06

Mazin06 New Member

I'm new to this forum (and to Verizon) so apologies if this is a stupid question.

I've been searching the internet to see if there are free games for Verizon phones and have come up with zilch. Are there any free games out there for Verizon subscribers?

Thanks.

Phone: LG VX8300

2. dead zone

dead zone Junior Member

My Phone:
    VX10000 Voyager
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    verizon and free dont mix

3. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Very true........

4. Mazin06

Mazin06 New Member

You all are so right. Free and Verizon do seem like oil and water. I would suggest to Verizon that they let people trial their games (either on one's phone or with simulated PC/Mac versions) but I guess they figured they make more money with the absolutely-nothing-free approach.

More questions: I've never really tried games with other wireless providers. Are they just as restrictive? The impression I've gotten from my search on the internet for games is some of the other providers are more open to third party games and software. Is that conclusion correct? Do you think competition for subscribers will ever prompt Verizon to loosen things up a bit?

I like my phone and Verizon seems okay, but it is really annoying how they seemingly nickel and dime you for almost everything.

Thanks.

5. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    Wirelessly posted (Q's A930: SCH-A930 UP.Browser/6.2.3.2 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

I am also annoyed with VZW's practices also but I love their service. I have had Cingular Blue and Sprint in the past and they were less restrictive about 3rd party downloads onto the phones. I also think that nothing will force verizon to change its restrictions unless large numbers of people start to leave.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. wgray8231

wgray8231 I don't work here.

My Phone:
    iPhone 4 (temporary)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I've been able to get something free from Get It Now, but only if a game has a free demo (usually 5 minutes). "Demo" will show up in the pricing menu for the item. Just hit that and instead of going through the next menu to "Play", backup and hit demo again. Do this for as long as you want to rack up the free demo minutes and enjoy later.

7. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    I forgot about the demos lol. I used a few of the demos and I wasnt able to access the demos any more; I'll just have to try it again some other time... Meanwhile, I did get a FREE ringtone (in VZW tones Deluxe) though: "I'm Lovin It"- the McDonald's theme. It's located in the Soundtracks and themes section... ir is the last ringtone in the last page in the section; I didnt care for it though and I deleted it

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. wgray8231

wgray8231 I don't work here.

My Phone:
    iPhone 4 (temporary)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I first used the demo for the Mancala game, then it ran out. I could get the demo again immediately, but it was available again a month or so later.

9. leafsfan81

leafsfan81 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    The best way to get free ring tones is to make them yourself. Verizon recodes tones and pictures and the quality suffers in the process. If you can, look up BitPim and check for USB Driver's and cables for the device you are thinking about getting.

When I had my VX5200, it was fully supported by BitPIM, meaning that I could maniuplate the PIM data as well as add wallpaper and tones. With my Samsung u540, I have to go through the file system and add information that way. I still side load graphics uisng a microSD card, but that's really the only way to go to be honest with you.

As others have said, try looking into Get It Now for demos. There are very few, if any, good game demos to try. Games like Tetris are good standards that you can rarely go wrong with. I like the multiplayer play on the title.

Helps pass the time away.

10. TheAverageGeek

TheAverageGeek New Member

My Phone:
    VX8350
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    yes, i am new also, but I even knew that you can get free wallpaper and ringtones and videos and everything. thats not the problem.

I actually joined to see if anyone knew anything about getting free games for verizon phones. It seems like you can't. cool.......

11. jengiss101

jengiss101 New Member

i dont know where you can get free games, but you can get free ringtones @ myxer.com...just search for the song you like....put in your wireless phone number and click that you have verizon wireless. :)

12. guitar-gui

guitar-gui New Member

My Phone:
    samsung u470
    Wireless Provider(s):
    verizon wireless
    verizon dosent support free games or the download of free games. you can get free ringtones or wallpapers. however, in the near future verizon might start supporting free games. on the other hand though, t-mobile, u.s. cellular, sprint, and alot of other companies besides verizon, i'm pretty sure, you can get free games.

13. casey4321

casey4321 New Member

is there any were for free games for verizon wierless

14. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Nope. They want you to use their proprietary portal to BUY games. They lock down attempts to add stuff to the phone. Unless you know how to reprogram phones (and run the risk of killing it), there's not much you can do.

Verizon NEVER gives anything away for free. Not without a catch, anyway.