Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Free Express Network on VZW?

Discussion in 'MOTOROLA' started by Craptain, Aug 24, 2003.

1. Craptain

Craptain Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    I was looking through a Yahoo group and noticed this post:

Verizonwireless has changed its policy with Express Network service
    (your cell acts as a modem for a computer/notebook) on June 2nd
    allowing anyone who changes their service plan to unlimited nights
    and weeks. This allows you to access the internet for free after
    9:01pm until 6:30am and on weekends. If you use it during peak hours,
    ExpressNetwork will use your peak minutes instead.

To sign up for this, just call up verizon and as them to changes to
    americas choice (this is what I did) and ask for free nights and
    weekends. The verizon CSR's computer will automatically add
    ExpressNetwork(+$0.00) to your account as addition features on your
    bill. There is NO SEPERATE CHARGE for the use of Express Network. I
    just changed my plan over to this and there was no problems. If your
    CSR says something else different, hang up and call back. Don't
    except a lie from them. I, myself, am a Verizon Agent and I saw this
    feature when I signed up a new customer recently.

I thought to myself, yeah RIGHT! but thought I would ask here, as there is a bit more credibility to be had [​IMG]

Is this guy just confused about the quick2net 14.4 connection? or did Verizon really change their policy? If that is the case, I take back the $20 [​IMG]

Thanks again.

Oh BTW, I know I should have posted this in the central forum, but I like it here better.

2. XprtCop

XprtCop =- Legend -=

My Phone:
    Sony Ericsson i580
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Craptain, yes it is true.
    Since a lot of the new services by VZW will require you to be on the 1X network eg; PTT, the function called EXPRESSNETWORK MOU ($0.00) has been added to all Americas Choice plans Beginning June 6.
    There are 2 VZW main markets : The VISION market (westcoast) and the ACTION market (eastcoast) and theres a certain PPID code that goes with each, i cant remember the codes but theyre posted on HoFo under the Verizon Wireless Forum, its a sticky thread so you dont have to look for it much.
    You can call VZW and make sure you have or make sure to add the EN MOU option to your plan and then just connect your phone to the computer and you can use either the Verizon Dialer or Snapdialer, even Windows dialer, altho there are certain strings that have to be added for the modem if youre using the windows dialer.
    this is the hofo link to the thread.

everything you need to know about "FREE" E.N. is there ^_^

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Craptain

Craptain Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    I love you, even if you have been spitting. [​IMG]

4. Craptain

Craptain Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    [​IMG] they wouldn't hook me up and said they were in the process of disabling everyone who has been using it.

5. XprtCop

XprtCop =- Legend -=

My Phone:
    Sony Ericsson i580
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    wha?????????????

Thats impossible!
    the description of the PPID is in short "allows casual users to access E.N. with their airtime minutes without having to suscribe to a Megabyte plan." hence the MOU (Minutes Only Used)

Ive been using it since June and no extra charges on my thing (that i know of...)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Craptain

Craptain Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Enjoy it while you can [​IMG] I would if I was you. I tried to call again and got the same answer... almost like they were reading it. [​IMG]

7. XprtCop

XprtCop =- Legend -=

My Phone:
    Sony Ericsson i580
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    they probably are ;D scripts are very common nowadays

8. Craptain

Craptain Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Any other ideas for me? Or am I done? [​IMG]

9. XprtCop

XprtCop =- Legend -=

My Phone:
    Sony Ericsson i580
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    well people on HoFo are still doing it as of today so.. keep trying dude, read the early posts on it it has the Social Engineering instructions on it.

10. Craptain

Craptain Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Yeah, it took forever to read 30+ pages [​IMG] How didn't I know about this?

Thanks again.

11. MasteRazoR

MasteRazoR New Member

How does this work? Do u need to have Verizon online service too? And how does the phone hookup to your laptop? I have a v60P and a Dell Inspiron 8000 Laptop. Where are some good instructions? And will this work with the 59.99 AC PTT Plan?

12. Craptain

Craptain Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Easy way to get EN on your account the first time with a small cost... Call customer service and add picture messaging.

They have a 2.99 unlimited plan, but also a 4.99 plan that included 100 text messages. Since I pay 2.99 for 100 text messages anyway, it was only an additional $2. Yeah for me [​IMG] Just thought I would share in case anyone who was having trouble needed an easy way to make it happen.

13. Cenobyte

Cenobyte Decepticon Air Commander

My Phone:
    LG VX8700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    HA, craptain you don't even have a picture phone. That's funny.

But yeah, hate to break it to you guys, but the EN MOU feature was designed to be used for the new services that use 1X like pix messaging and PTT. They never intended it to be for people to actually hook up to the EN for free. Now that they realize that people are smart and figured it out, they're trying to find a way to stop it.

14. Craptain

Craptain Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    [​IMG] well I TOLD them I had a certain LG phone.

I've been doing alot of thinking about this and feel pretty safe. I don't know the details about the network, but I am pretty sure ones phone number is used to authenticate service for picture messaging. I think that will make it very difficult to spot abusers of the service unless accounts are audited for data calls. As has been pointed out in other forums, most of the abusers are using N+W minutes and don't interfere with "normal" business users. I doubt VZW will go though the trouble of changing authentication procedures or forcing users to pay up. (As always, I could be WAY wrong)

Isn't it always easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission?

15. XprtCop

XprtCop =- Legend -=

My Phone:
    Sony Ericsson i580
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Yes, Theyre on it like flies on my sunday morning lunch right before my 5 o clock dinner...

16. AgentSmith

AgentSmith Junior Member

Don't need to have the Mobile Web feature or any sort of Express Network packaging....all you need is the feature code to allow your phone to be used on the Express Network, and yes your $59.99 PTT plan WILL work, as the PTT feature is to be used on the 1XRTT network (the Express Network). A connectivy kit is all you need..a USB interface is used from your Motorola v60p to the labtop..they run I think around...$70 I think at the actual retail stores, I have heard rumors that the software/drivers package that comes with it can be found for free online (as can anything now a days it seems. Go piracy!). I do believe Nextel authorized agents sell the Data Cable for around $30 and it would work the same way...Most Nextel phones use the same charge port as the v60/t720 series and it's newer models. I think the only ones that don't right now are the old i500/550/700 and i1000 series..but that's Old School. (to the best of my knowledge).

Although...with my experience with the v60p...probably not a great phone to use as a modem....the antenna design really allows for poor reception. But good luck with it!

17. Craptain

Craptain Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Yeah, just buy a cable on Ebay for a few bucks and download the software... If you feel lazy, I think there is a kit on Ebay that includes the OEM software for $16. I prefer the one that charges the phone.