Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2006 Results

Discussion in 'Wireless News' started by Matt, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I see we're a little late in getting this thread started. It's mostly used for discussion of official results directly from the companies.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    late? none of the carriers have reported yet.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Well, Sprint warned, and Amp'd did report sub numbers. No full reports and financials, true. Even T-Mobile should report a sub number this month. Of course, the full results aren't until March!

4. hf1khal

hf1khal Who am I to judge

My Phone:
    iphone 4, 3G S, BB 9700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility, MTC Touch
    AT&T is poised to give some info on the 24th as per their news release. SO we might see some Cingular numebrs for teh 4th qtr and the fiscal year

5. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Shentel sees customer numbers jump in Q4

Regional carrier and Sprint Nextel Corp. CDMA affiliate Shenandoah Telecommunications Co. announced it scored 11,909 net retail customer additions in the fourth quarter and 30,528 net retail customers for the year. The fourth-quarter numbers represent a 82.8 percent increase compared with the net adds the carrier recorded in the fourth quarter of 2005.

Shentel's fourth quarter churn clocked in at 1.9 percent, the same as the fourth quarter of 2005.

6. hf1khal

My Phone:
    iphone 4, 3G S, BB 9700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility, MTC Touch
    What is their customer total base? it can not be that big with those add on numbers.

7. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile

Year end 2006 retail customers were 153,503, an increase of 24.8%. These results represent an 82.8% increase over the net adds in the fourth quarter of 2005 and a 49.8% increase over the net adds in the same 12 months of 2005. The Company had fourth quarter retail PCS churn of 1.9%, the same as the fourth quarter of 2005. The 2006 annual retail churn rate was 1.9%, an improvement from 2.0% in 2005.

http://www.shentel.com/aboutus/Investor/Investor-Press39.cfm

8. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom)
    I don't believe DT reports until sometime in February.

9. @TheRealDanny

@TheRealDanny ALL IN

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile USA
  10. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
  11. ctk74

ctk74 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Cingular Wireless Reports Fourth-Quarter 2006 Results
    http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070124/clw007.html?.v=73

Net income of $782 million, a year-over-year increase of 283% percent
    -- 2.4 million net subscriber additions, a company record, and 5.5 million gross additions, tying company record
    -- Second quarter in a row of year-over-year ARPU growth
    -- 69 percent year-over-year increase in data revenues, 53 percent growth in data ARPU
    -- Service revenues increase 13.1 percent
    -- Total revenues up 10.2 percent
    -- Normalized OIBDA margin of 34.4 percent, a year-over-year improvement of 340 basis points
    -- Postpaid churn of 1.5 percent and overall churn of 1.8 percent
    -- 61 million cellular/PCS subscribers at quarter's end, tops in the U.S.
    -- Deployment of UMTS/HSDPA technology in 165 cities, including 73 of the top 100 markets

12. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    They will report Bell South's results separately one last time.

13. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile

Their 2006 full report is due March 1. Last year, they reported subscriber figures only on January 26, but they don't have a listing for a similar report on this year's finance calendar.

14. Fire14

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Wow, these are some good numbers for Cingular, and a lot of new subscribers, with their Data already up can you imagine what's going to happen with their SMS PPPU increase will do for them?

15. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    2.4m wow! That's an industry record! This proves that as churn gets lower, net additions go up provided they have strong gross adds, as they've always had. But I bet lots of those came from Nextel. Now, as Cingular grows larger and stronger, let's get ready for more greed and price hikes!

....and let's not forget, folks, that this is the same company that JD Powers and CR continuously rank poorly all the time. One more time, their credibility is seriously questioned.

16. hf1khal

My Phone:
    iphone 4, 3G S, BB 9700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility, MTC Touch
    I have learned to not pay attention to either one for the past 8 years especialy CR.

And yes those numbers reported by Cingualr are great. I would like to also see how VZW did too.

17. @TheRealDanny

@TheRealDanny ALL IN

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile USA
    Does that mean lots of Nextel subs are signing up with Tracfone? :) :)

18. Fire14

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    It looks like their push to get people off TDMA/Analog is working per this statement:

19. jones

jones Silver Senior Member

How can a Poorly Rank Wireless Carrier grow to 61 Million
    Customers? Maybe they're Survering VZW Sales Reps.

20. EdwardP

EdwardP Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Android
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile (Deutsche Telekom)
    America Movil S.A.B. de C.V. will not report their 4th quarter results until the week of February 5, according to the IR Calendar on their web site. We will not know until then, how TracFone did in the 4th quarter.

Note that TracFone also uses other carriers for its MVNO service. I presently have TracFones on both T-Mobile and Verizon.

#20 EdwardP, Jan 24, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  21. Fire14

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I know someone else here saw it, but how many saw what they are calling Cingular in the report?

AT&T Mobility LLC

22. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    LMAOL! Maybe they were the high-paying Nextel customers, which are the ones fleeing Sprint, so I wonder why they would sign up with Tracfone. ;)

Still 4% of the customer base on TDMA phones is 2.44M people. I bet those are some hillbillies in the remote woods that barely use their phones. ;)

Really? I didn't notice that. That's a cute name, I think. Better than the plain "AT&T" or the controversial "AT&T Mobile" and much better than the much feared "AT&T Wireless"

23. hf1khal

My Phone:
    iphone 4, 3G S, BB 9700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility, MTC Touch
    Hay I resent that (JK), LMAO, I hacve 2 lines in Long ISland and too bad as they are part of the car's phone system. They are going away pretty soon as I will re-fit them with BT and use the current GSM on them instead and that would be a saving of $100 a month.

24. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
  25. hf1khal

My Phone:
    iphone 4, 3G S, BB 9700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility, MTC Touch
    Wow so what ahs been reported to be a lower number of psot paid was right. I see soem things might be ripe for a change at Cingualr pretty soon. The lower post paid add on is a sure signe that there plans and offers are not as good as they thought.
    Now I await the numebrs of VZW and hopefully they will be diferent thand what Cingualr accomplished and it might wake them up to act accordingly. May be the in network free SMS is the way to go and possibly adjust their combined data offerings to a more reasonable one to also include unlimited text messages.

26. Fire14

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I have a feeling that they are going to get more agressive with these 2.44M people to migrate over, unless Verzion's numbers come out very high for the Qtr & they are afraid to loose these customers & allow Verizon to close in on the #1 Spot faster.

I noticed that as well after seeing the slide show, If Verizon has as strong or stronger Qtr. Maybe they have to look hard (not that it's hard to us to see why) and change their Data & SMS Plans, I am very sure this has an impact on Post Paid customers signing on more then anything else. So yes, I do see that as a possible scenario, when is Verizon scheduled to release their numbers?

As for their SMS plans, if they do what Verizon has done with "Unlimited IN SMS" that would be a big selling point, but at the least is better then the 2 plans they have now.

As for Data, yeah they need to do something with that as well, If they had better data plans, I wouldn't mind using it as well as letting my kids use it.

A Shared SMS/Data plan would be ultimate if the price is right & would make me re-sign a contract with them to migrate over.

27. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Actually, jones, the reason Cingular has 61 million customers today is because of their takeover of AT&T Wireless a few years ago...

28. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    That is not bad at all, but here is what I think the difference between subscriber ads of Verizon and Cingular is: Cingular gets a lot of new customers through resellers like Tracfone and their Prepay service, whereas Verizon gets most of their customer base by post-pay additions, not resellers or prepay. Nonetheless, great quarter for Cingular!

29. jones

jones Silver Senior Member

The real Issue is Ownership.
    VZW is 45% Vodafone and 55% VZ so the earnings are split accordingly.
    Unlike Cing is all One Company Now under one Name AT&T.

Verizon under earnings microscope
    Focus on phone company's wireless, fiber segments
    By Jeffry Bartash, MarketWatch
    Last Update: 3:20 PM ET Jan 25, 2007

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- Verizon Communications is expected to show strong growth in its wireless business when the New York-based phone giant posts quarterly results next Monday in a light week for telecommunications earnings.
    Investors want to know how well the carrier's wireless business stacked up with rival Cingular Wireless and if Verizon is making bigger inroads into the pay-television market.
    For the final three months of 2006, Verizon is expected to show a profit from operations, which omits onetime items, of 61 cents a share on revenue of $22.99 billion, according to analysts polled by Thomson Financial.
    Like AT&T, Verizon has benefited tremendously from sharp growth in its wireless business. Although Verizon Wireless caters to fewer customers, it generates more mobile revenue than Cingular. Verizon Wireless is more profitable and its customers are more loyal.
    Yet Cingular has made big strides in the past few years and recently announced a wireless-industry record of 2.4 million net customers added in the fourth quarter. That brought Cingular's total customer base to 61 million and gave a sharp boost to AT&T
    AT&T fully owns Cingular after it recent acquisition of BellSouth.
    Verizon, for its part, served 57 million customers at the end of the third quarter.
    Some analysts believe Cingular's strong gains means Verizon could also top the 2 million mark in terms of new net subscribers. Yet others wonder if Cingular's success might have undercut Verizon's ability to add new customers.
    Since Verizon has added at least 1.5 million customers in each of the last 10 quarters, the odds favor another big increase.
    The wireless business aside, Verizon is under pressure to show further growth in its fledgling fiber-based network that has been set up to deliver pay-TV service and the fastest Internet connections in the nation.
    Verizon is spending billions of dollars to construct its fiber network at the expense of current profits. Executives believe their fiber network will help turn the tide against the cable industry, which has wrested tens of thousands of phone customers from Verizon over the past few years.
    Indeed, Verizon has suffered sharper access-line losses than other big phone companies because cable operators compete more aggressively in its densely populated Northeastern territory.
    In the third quarter, for example, Verizon suffered a year-over-year 7.5% decline in access lines. By comparison, AT&T lost 6.4% of its access lines in the fourth quarter and BellSouth 6.2%.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/sto...4DBE-B34A-CF870A88D6F2}&siteid=yhoo&dist=yhoo

30. Kalimotxo

Kalimotxo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    2.4 million? Way to go Cingular!

Can't wait to see everyone else's numbers...