Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

WEST U.S. -- Forwarding Calls

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by seacliff, Jan 14, 2010.

1. seacliff

seacliff New Member

Verizon has by far the best service.

If I forward my Verizon Eris number to my T-Mobile Blackberry, are my calls eminating from Verizon or T-Mo? In other words, when I'm dialing from my blackberry am I getting Verizon service?

2. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    No. Your BB is using T-Mobile service. Keep in mind when you forward calls between phones/service from different carriers, you are using up minutes on both. You are using up your allotment from Verizon for the forwarded calls and using up your T-Mobile minutes as well for it receiving calls. It's not as simple as it seems to use call forwarding this way.

Only calls made and received by the Eris are on Verizon's network.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

You actually burn 2 minutes for every minute on the number being forwarded from: one for the incoming call to that line and another for the outgoing call to the forwarded number. So, factoring in the call on the phone receiving the forwarded call, and that's three minutes used for every actual minute of "talk" time. Pretty pricey in my book.

4. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    And why it's important for customers to ask carriers how Call Forwarding works between them and how it's being charged, otherwise you'll get an unpleasant surprise when the bills arrive.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...