Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Samsung Fingerprint Scanner not working? That's my morning.

Discussion in 'ANDROID Phones, Tablets and Devices' started by our3rotts, May 14, 2015.

1. our3rotts

our3rotts An Iowa Gurl...

My Phone:
    Google Pixel
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZN - 4G
    Woke up this morning, tried to unlock my new S6 - the scanner wasn't working! And so I clicked to enter the backup password... my brain wasn't working! I have no idea what I set the backup to be...when my phone slipped between the couch cushions the night before and hit the floor, did I damage the scanner???

So after about 3 minutes of panic. and looking back, seriously - I panicked? I don't need my phone that bad, but normally I text with my workout buddy in the AM & I was trying to figure out what I was going to do if she texted my locked phone - I don't think I have the messsage app configured to allow messages on the lock screen. I might actually have to talk to her on the *gasp* landline phone!!! :)

Then, my brain finally worked. I did a reboot of the phone, the fingerprint scanner did what it's supposed to do and life is back to normal. Now I'm just working to reset the backup password to something I'll remember!

ETA: Went into the security settings, under the fingerprint lock & it let me change the backup without asking for the old one! YAY!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 our3rotts, May 14, 2015
    Last edited: May 14, 2015
    charlyee likes this.
  2. JFB

JFB Gold Senior Member
    Administrator Super Moderator

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Essential PH-1
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Simple Mobile (T-Mobile MVNO)
    A reboot is like a magic wand. :android::happy:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...