Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Finally the Windows Mobile Upgrades for Samsung i600 & i700

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows Mobile Phones' started by WirelessBeachBum, Jul 19, 2004.

1. WirelessBeachBum

WirelessBeachBum Soylent Green is People

My Phone:
    Thunderbolt...still
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    The long awaited upgrades for the Samsung i700 and Samsung i600 have been released...

You can download them at:

http://www.samsungwireless.com/upgrade

You will need your verizon mobile number and esn to download...if you ported in from another carrier they will need to use you MDN in place of your mobile number. (you can get this number by going into programming mode on the i600 (**772 then enter service code 000000 press the down key a few times until you see your phone number, then press it again, this number is your MDN)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Bugwart

Bugwart Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung SCH i760,
    Wireless Provider(s):
    SKT, Verizon, China Mobile, EPlus
    Upgraded at the store after 5 attempts using the website files.

WM 2003 is an improvement over 2002.

3. MattChap

MattChap New Member

My Phone:
    Samsung i600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Well, MS Smartphone 2003 XE-18 is officially available now.. don't bother trying to flash it on your own via the self installer software.. took me forever to find it on the VZW website (they apparently don't want it found) then after close to 50MB d/l and 5 hours of fighting the installer tooth and nail (it went into a loop at step 4/5) I had a phone that was half updated (wallpaper, no OS). I got fed up and hopped in the truck and took it to the store and walked out 1/2 hr later with a successful update.. be sure to spread the word that the upgrade is only free until Sept 16th. After that is 15bux.

cya..

4. scottb

scottb Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Galaxy S20
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Wirelessly posted (scottb: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1) Opera 7.54 [en])

I downloaded it and installed it myself. There was a definite order things had to be done in (e.g. plug the usb cable in first, then the AC power, then put the phone in the cradle) for everything to work, but it worked.
    I guess they moved the link--it's on the home page.