Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Fenway Park Cell phone towers

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Day5InJanuary, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Day5InJanuary

Day5InJanuary Junior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    i noticed while ata game at fenway park there are two sets of cell phone panels on two different ligfht poles. the light pole right above the 3rd base line has cell phone panels on it...i am going to guess that these are verizon wireless becasue of how verizons label is all over the ball park and the light pole aligned with the 1st base line has some cell panels on it...i do not know who these panles are...if anybody is around try and take some pics of these, you can see them from outside the park also. i will take pics if i get there first.

2. MeatChicken

MeatChicken Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC ONE M9
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    WOBURN, Mass., Oct. 3 /PRNewswire/ -- Verizon Wireless is beefing up its network capacity for post-season baseball in Boston by activating a temporary cell site at Fenway.
    The Cell on Wheels (or COW) is a mobile cell site that enhances wireless capacity -- allowing more customers to concurrently place calls, exchange text and picture messages, and download multimedia content.

Verizon Wireless maintains a fleet of portable transmitters to support its network when highly populated events, such as playoff sports events, stimulate increased wireless voice and data usage.

"Deploying a mobile COW near Fenway will enhance network capacity for baseball fans during post-season play," said Richard Enright, director of network performance for Verizon Wireless New England. "We're constantly engineering, investing and deploying resources to stay ahead of growing demand for our products and services."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Day5InJanuary

My Phone:
    Apple IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    well i guess that the panles on the light pole in fenway are not verizon. there would be no need for a cow if the panles in fenway are verizon.

4. MeatChicken

MeatChicken Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC ONE M9
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    It says the cow is "near" fenway .. could be to add capacity to the existing panels ....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Day5InJanuary

My Phone:
    Apple IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    ahhh very true

6. CelltowerPete

CelltowerPete New Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Pearl
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Wireless
    Verizon does have a permanent site at Fenway Park in Boston . They have an enclosure above the third base line. They also add a COW ( Cell Site on Wheels) during playoffs and the World series. Most providers have sites inside Fenway, just due to the fact there is the possibility of maxing out the capacity of their surrounding sites on game days!

7. Day5InJanuary

My Phone:
    Apple IPhone5
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    CT pete thanks for that link. i always wondered what provider was on the 3rd base light pole. i always glance at it in between innings. haha. i had a feeling it was verizon, i always have full EV and 1X bars when i am near the park

8. clock3687

clock3687 Cell Signal?????? Use it!

My Phone:
    Google Nexus S
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    T-Mo just put up a new site on Yawkey Way as well. It's across from the stadium above the sports shop.

9. CelltowerPete

CelltowerPete New Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Pearl
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Wireless
    T Mobile has been on a building spree in Massachusetts lately. I will try to get a photo of the new site. They are probably trying to bolster the network around and within Fenway, since gamedays can bring 40,000 more people to an already busy college area! I have some other Fenway area photos on my site, including the Verizon COW!