Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

faulty phone

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by rick///, Apr 23, 2006.

1. rick///

rick/// New Member

I am pulling my hair out! I signed with Sprint PCS in January. Almost immediately I started to have problems with my Samsung model SPH-A760. Within a couple of hours of a full charge it will shut off, dead. This is with no calls in or out. I have been to 2 different Sprint stores a total of 6 times. Sometimes I am treated rudely and told they will give me Samsungs phone number, period They say it is not Sprints problem. One of the stores has given me a new battery twice. I have exchanged chargers with the other person on the family plan, (same phone) and it works fine there. This points to a problem with the phone itself.
    When I call customer service I get a run around. They tell me they put a message to help me (and I have been told the store rep is mistaken) on the store computer and I should go back to the store. At the store they know nothing about it.
    No one will allow me to speak with a supervisor.
    I have called the Samsung number and they said I should send it to them at my expense and get a "loaner" from Sprint. The Sprint people say no such thing as a "loaner" and I will be without a phone for 2 weeks plus. I think this is optimistic.
    So I asked about purchasing a new phone at a reasonable cost. They want me to, of course, extend my contract. Why would I even consider that after the experience I have had so far with Sprint. Basically, this is not just the worst cellphone company I have dealt with but the worst company, period! Ever, in any industry. I had heard of the loss of customer service, now I have experienced it.
    So, is there a way for me to purchase a new phone at reasonable cost to replace the one I have. I have no confidence in sending this one to Samsung for repair.
    How I wish I had stayed with Virgin Mobile!

2. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    rick/// :welcome: to WA!

Sorry you are having problems with your phone, and for the run around you have had to endure. But I have to first ask you if you put insurance on the phone when you signed up? If you didn't the rep that gave you the Samsung number did the correct thing. As Sprint's policy is for techs to not repair or give out replacements if the owner dosn't have insurance ($6 a month). And the rep who was willing to give you another phone at a reduced price, just for renewing your four month old contract was doing a very nice thing for you. If none of the above will work for you., then their is always eBay to find a replacement. And Sprint isn't the only ones with bad CS, I have been with Cingular, T-Mobile, & Verizon and I have had major issues with all. Good luck, and remember to get the name and badge/ID number of the reps you talk to. :)

3. rick///

rick/// New Member

Thanks for your input but I disagree. There is no "nice thing" being done here. What they offered or gave was to get rid of me. The reps I have dealt with in the stores all had an attitude.
    Sprints "policy" doesn't sway me either. At purchase all that was said about the $6 insurance was "in case you lose your phone". If it is required it should be part of the monthly fee.
    The fact is Sprint sells faulty products and doesn't care.

Just to further infuriate me the website "contact customer service" page let me fill out the whole story then would not submit......nothing happened. aarrrgg!!

Anyway I am sending it off to Samsung and fully expect them to say I had damaged it, (I didn't) and charge me for the repair. I will get another Virgin Mobile phone in the mean time....prepaid, no contract, is the way to go!

4. Studogvetmed

Studogvetmed Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Sanyo-6650 (Katana II)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint

Unfortunately the contact us page has a "timeout"... Compose your message in notepad or other (keep it under 1200 characters) and cut/paste it into the text message box and submit. Then it should hopefully go through.

I know... Shouldn't have to... But... In the future that should hopefully make contacting ecare a little less frustrating.

I empathize with the runaround you are getting. Good luck.

5. rick///

rick/// New Member

Thank you, that is good advice. I thought it was something like that and appreciate your suggestion.