Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Exchange M3682 for Nokia 3390?

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Jim, May 14, 2002.

1. Jim

Jim Member

Voicestream has offered to exchange my Motorola 3682 for a
    Nokia 3390 for $25. Is this deal worth it?

2. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

Yes it is. I had that Black Motorola 3682. I gave it to a friend when I purchased my Nokia 3390. The Nokia 3390 would cost you alot of money to but right now, since you are already a member.
    How long have you been a member, and what has been you rate plan? Voicestream gives you discounts based on this. Take the deal. The Nokia 3390 has a billion more features than that Motorola. I should know, because remember, I had the phone too, and now I have the Nokia 3390.

Email me if you have anymore questions: aiwapro

3. Jim

Jim Member

Thanks for the info. I just want to make sure I still get Voicemail, caller ID, etc, & don't have to change my number or reenter my phone book numbers. Also, Epinions seems to be unanimous that the 3390 has very short battery life.

4. erub

erub Junior Member

You will need to re-enter your phone numbers most likely; i doubt there is a cable able to download the #s from the 3682 and put them on the 3390. You will be able to keep your phone #, and of course, your caller ID & Voicemail, etc will work!

I have its TDMA sibling, the 3360, and I have been very pleased with it. I miss the flip I had in the StarTAC, but I've grown to like this phone a lot; I can definitely see why Nokia is more popular than Motorola (much better menus, and features, web browsing, multiple #s per contact, games and web browsing to name a few). The battery life is mediocre on the 3360. I have dealt with it since I got the phone in December, but I finally decided to splurge and spend $15 for a new lithium ion battery with almost twice the capacity (the other was a 650 NiMH) from Newegg.com. It should be here tomorrow, or Monday. I will let you know how that goes, but I have heard of good results with this battery link.

5. aiwapro

aiwapro Silver Senior Member

You won't have to enter your numbers into the 3390 again. Your numbers on your SIM Card, not the phone. The phone just loads them from the SIM Card.

The battery life of the Nokia 3390 depends on if you use the vibrate feature. If you don't use the vibrate feature, then it will last a long, long time. However, if you use the vibrate feature alot like I do, then your battery should last about two (2) days. That's about what I can get out of it.