Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Exchange ActiveSync Attempts Sync Every Minute

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by mbressman, Feb 18, 2008.

  1. mbressman

    mbressman New Member

    Joined:
    May 25, 2005
    Messages:
    20
    Likes Received:
    0
    My Phone:
    PPC 6700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I'm experiencing a serious Exchange ActiveSync problem. Sometime in the past day or two, my Exchange ActiveSync (I currently sync to a hosted Exchange account with 1&1) starting synchronizing every minute, regardless of whether there was any changes or anything new to sync. It does this no matter whether I tell it to sync as new items arrive, manually, or on some schedule. I have definitely customized my device (3rd party programs, etc.), but the only things I changed over the past day or two was:
    - added an IMAP account and set it to check for new mail every 30 mins (it seems this is the only way to enable IMAP IDLE - i.e. it downloads new mail as soon as it comes in) (this is my work email account, so the IMAP server is from my work but because our firewall doesn't allow connections for SMTP, I'm using yahoo's smtp server that I pay for to send outgoing email)
    - changed the DNS servers for Sprint Power Vision since one of them was down and therefore Pocket IE requests and other network-related requests that required DNS were taking a long time to complete (see Web access problems. IE stalls on "locating". - PDAPhoneHome.com)

    However, I wasn't paying that close of attention so I'm not sure if the issue started when I made either of the above changes or not. I've since tried removing the IMAP account and it didn't help. Then I completely removed the Exchange ActiveSync profile, sync'ed up to another Exchange server so I could remove all my data (so that when I rejoined Exchange ActiveSync with 1&1 again there wouldn't be duplicates), set-up the IMAP account, and then set up Exchange ActiveSync on 1&1 again and let it download all my data (by the way, this took a loooong time and numerous syncs). However, when I was all done, it was once again attempting to synchronize every minute. I also tried changing the DNS entries back to "use server-assigned addresses" but this had no effect either. I'm at a loss for why its doing this, unless 1&1 has screwed something up somehow. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated, as I can't let it stay like this since the continuous sync'ing will kill my battery within a few hours. Thanks.

    - Marc

    P.S. I'm using a Sprint Treo 700wx running WM5 with the newest 1.15 update from Palm. 1&1 is running Exchange 2003 SP2 as far as I know.
     
  2. nKrypteD1

    nKrypteD1 Software Architect
    Senior Member

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2006
    Messages:
    1,606
    Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Atlanta, GA
    My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    This sounds like an issue on 1&1's side, contact them.
     
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page

Copyright 1997-2020 Wireless Advisor™, LLC. All rights reserved. All registered and unregistered trademarks are the property of their respective holders.
WirelessAdvisor.com is not associated by ownership or membership with any cellular, PCS or wireless service provider companies and is not meant to be an endorsement of any company or service. Some links on these pages may be paid advertising or paid affiliate programs.

Positive SSL
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice