Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

EVDO Rev A Coverage

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by rygot, Feb 4, 2009.

1. rygot

rygot New Member

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knows of any plans for Sprint to expand their Rev A Mobile BroadBand coverage to Evansville, IN. I am currently on Verizon with Rev A and am looking at either Sprint or AT&T. I was wanting to go with Sprint, but since they don't have Rev A I am reluctant to do so and go with AT&T.

2. Yankees368

Yankees368 Compulsive Signal Checker

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint 2002-2010, Voicestream 2001-2002
    Yuck, you guys are stuck in 1x coverage. There is no way to know when you will be upgraded to EVDO. Sorry.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. rygot

rygot New Member

Yup, it's pretty ridiculous when all other carriers have "3G" here and in other cities surrounding us. I think Sprint hates us.

4. Yankees368

Yankees368 Compulsive Signal Checker

My Phone:
    iPhones 4S???
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Sprint 2002-2010, Voicestream 2001-2002
    Yeah, you must be in affiliate coverage. If I recall correctly, they MUST roll out 3G rather soon, actually.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Kalimotxo

Kalimotxo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    It's not that Sprint wants to neglect any particular area...

There are hundreds of factors that can affect where coverage is, isn't, and what kind of technology is installed.

If you are in an affiliate controlled territory (as someone mentioned) that might be a major reason why 3G isn't there... yet.

6. bjmerritt

bjmerritt New Member

My Phone:
    LG
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I am a former Sprint employee, sales, in Bowling Green KY. We still don't have evdo here, Sprint Corporate Rep told me personally that it would be 4Q 08 that we would have EVDO coverage here. We still don't, and it's 1Q 09. So I don't know what the deal is, I can go 20 miles south and get evdo or about 100 miles north and get evdo...