Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

ESN? New Phone?

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by phoenixflame, Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phoenixflame

phoenixflame New Member

My Phone:
    Verizon Razr V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon!!! =]
    HERE IS MY STORY IF YOU WANT TO GET TO THE POINT OF THIS POST PLEASE SCROLL DOWN!!!
    hmmm ive been reading others' threads and it seem that i must identify a new phones esn before switching my phone number online.....i havent been able to find my esn number, most ppl say its on back of the place where i put the battery..... but there are a whole BUNCH of numbers.... well luckily for me i found my esn by going to System> Device Info>Esn, yay now thats not a problem for me. well im getting a new phone soon! know why? My current phone (verizon Razr v3m) is EXTREMELY MESSED UP im not kidding, my first problem on it was that its music player just stopped working, so i thought, well i can live without mobile music for some time....then its screen (out of nowhere and at random times went blank, this happenes very often now).... and just yesterday the micro sd slot has somthing jammed or somthing preventing me from puttng my micro sd into it (makes the camera, my only camera-useless) so now im going to get a new phone!!!! Anyone have reccomendations?

READ HERE IF YOU WANT TO GET TO THE POINT OF MY PROBLEM!
    plz tell me what is a good phone i should get!
    here are the specifications ....
    1. Under 70$ (maybe a little higher)
    2. Verizon
    3. Music player that can AT LEAST play an mp3 (unlike my old phone :loony:)
    4. Micro SD Compatible
    5. Nice menu display, keypad, and camera.
    6. (i might add more later)

Thanks everyone for the help! :):)
    Hope everyone had a good day.

2. phoenixflame

phoenixflame New Member

My Phone:
    Verizon Razr V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon!!! =]
    geez, 118 view but no replies.... well i guess no one here likes me or has the time. Anyways a razr 2 looks nice but i cant find the price for it

3. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Your question is not an easy one to answer. Verizon has so many different phones that could work for you, it's better if you go to a store and check them out in person.

I, for one, won't buy anything Samsung, but that's just me. You may find Samsung works for you.

I have an LG Voyager (which has all the things you want in a phone), but it's out of your price range. Also, Verizon is having a sale right now, so some of the phones within your price range presently may not be soon.

You have a Motorola, so check out VZ's selection of Motos and see if one has what you want.

I have had good success with LG, so you might want to check them out as well.

Lastly, Verizon's music feature on their phones requires downloading VZ Music/Rhapsody music management. This is different than what you may have with your current RAZR.

As I mentioned, visiting a VZ store is my recommendation. After all, what anybody mentions in replies here is purely subjective and may not help you out very much.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. phoenixflame

phoenixflame New Member

My Phone:
    Verizon Razr V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon!!! =]
    o ok thanks for the reply, i visited a Circuit City the other day but i didnt really find much. Also, about that vz and rapshody thing youre saying that you MUST have it in order to play music? does it cost a lot? because wat i used to do was get music on my sd card then played it from there. thanks

5. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    It's basically like iTunes in the sense that it manages your music. Try putting your music on via your sd card. If it doesn't work, then just download the software (which should come with the phone) and select which songs you want to put on your phone. No there is no cost if your don't buy anything through the program.

Whatever phone you get will have Verizon's proprietary software. It's standard now . They continue to enhance it but it locks you down as far as what you can do on your own with the phone. It sucks, but it's how it is. For me, this is not a deal-breaker, but you have to judge the restrictions for yourself. I don't utilize anything extra on the phone so I like the user interface. You'll either love it or hate it.

Also, check out a Verizon corporate store. Their selection will be far better than what you found at Circuit City.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. phoenixflame

phoenixflame New Member

My Phone:
    Verizon Razr V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon!!! =]
    ohhhhh i get what you mean, hmmmm maybe thats what happened with my Razr v3m hmmm maybe its music player somehow got deleted... teh whatever i dont care about that slab of metal anymore lol. ill be sure to visit an actual verizon store though.

7. phoenixflame

phoenixflame New Member

My Phone:
    Verizon Razr V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon!!! =]
    meh i got a new phone its the env2 by LG thanks 4 the help ppl....there was only one guy but whatever,
    To Admin or Mods: go ahead and lock this or delete or whatever im probably never going to go back here again anyways....:D cyall

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.