Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Ericsson T68i vs Nokia 8390

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by ComicalMoodyDan, Jul 29, 2002.

1. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I have a friend in Sacramento, CA that is considering going with AT&T GSM. He is currently with their TDMA service and thinking about switching over to the GSM side.

Which phone would you choose and why?

2. zamurai

zamurai New Member

I did choose the Nokia 8390 for several reasons.

Primarily, I've been a loyal Nokia customer since the 2100 series phones. I've never had problems with Nokia, and they're excellent phones for many reasons.

Anyway, Nokia has a great interface, feature set, handset, no antenna, etc.

Up until now, Ericsson has had horrible interfaces for their phones, and bulky designs with big antennas. It wasn't until now that they pretty much copied the Nokia style/designs.

Anyway, I can at least say that this Ericsson phone is worth a shot, only if you're going to get the little snap-on digital camera that clips-onto the bottom of the phone.

Otherwise, there's no benefit in the color screen (I played with one in the store for about 10 minutes).

Here are some comparison photos of my Nokia 8390...

http://members.dsli.com/elias/8390/06-comparison.JPG

-- Elias

3. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I'm usually more of a Nokia fan myself but I like the Sony Ericcson better after looking at them both online. The Nokia looks like it might have a poor battery, since the 8390 is only rated at 140 minutes of talk time my guess is it has to be charged often.

4. zamurai

zamurai New Member

Dan,

Don't go by what the site says.

I was worried at first, because my old 8260 got 3.5 hours of talk time...

I've talked on my phone for 1h 20mins on a full charge, and the batter strength remains at 4 bars!

Even after a few more calls, it stays up there.

So I would say the phone has equal, if not greater, battery life than the 8260 phones.

Plus, you can tweak your sound quality to increase battery life, by enabling the half rate codec. I just use normal, and I get good battery life.

I made a simple HTML page to show the other pics I took of my phone:

http://members.dsli.com/elias/8390/

-- Elias

5. zamurai

zamurai New Member

Nevermind.

I checked both AT&T's website, and Nokia USA's website, and they both show up to 4 hours talk time, and the 16 days of standby.

I believe it. That's been updated, though, because before it said 2.3 hours talk time, because they forgot to put the 2.3 - 4 part.

It's cool that it can stay on for over two weeks, though!

-- Elias