Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

EMS & MMS

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by KevinJames, Mar 11, 2002.

1. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    EMS & MMS

I can't find the post right now, (I'm too tired to look), but someone had asked for defintions and comparisons. Today I was reading an article about something totally unrelated and it dawned on me what the initials meant.

EMS = Enhanced (or Extended) Messaging Service
    MMS = Multimedia Messaging Service.

I found a website that explains both: http://www.mobileems.com/

From the above site, here is the first paragraph in explanation of each technology:

<< The Enhanced Messaging Service (EMS) is the ability to send ringtones and operator logos and other simple visual messages to EMS capable handsets and additionally the ability to send and receive a combination of simple media such as melodies, pictures, sounds, animations, modified text and standard text as an integrated message for display on an EMS compliant handset.

The Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) is as its name suggests the ability to send and receive messages comprising a combination of rich media including text, sounds, images and video to MMS capable handsets.
    >>

-Kevin

2. eswar

eswar New Member

Dear Kevin,

I am Eswar.
    can yo ugive some tips to develop the MMS applications usingthe WPA 2.0 specifications
    mainly i am lookig at the MMS applications in WAP enabled phones.
    the programming part of it???

Eswar form India

3. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon