Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Embarrased by schedule alarm in 2128i - help?

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by Modemjunkie, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Modemjunkie

Modemjunkie New Member

Is there a way to have the alarms in the Organizer section of the 2128i controlled by the general profile? In my old LG phones, if I set the phone on vibrate or silent that worked for all purposes. Last night I was at an event where it was important that the phone not ring. I set it to the silent profile which has vibrate on. I set an alarm for 7:45 because I had to leave early.. Much to my surprise it came on with a ring tone instead of merely vibrating.

It would be a pain to have to change the Organizer alarms separately from the general profie. And worse... I might forget to change them because I might not remember that an event was scheduled... after all, that is why I use the alarm in the first place. And when I schedule an event, I don't necessarily know where I will be or what mode the phone will be in when the alert goes off.

Len

2. RJB

RJB Gold Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    You know what I am not sure about this I will have to monkey with mine and see about this.

3. Modemjunkie

Modemjunkie New Member

Ahhh..I had to set a dentist appointment for Thursday in the calendar. I saw that I have an option to set "no alarm" "tone" or "silent" if I use the calendar instead of the alarm clock... So, If I can figure out what I might be doing when the reminder is due, at least I can set it appropriately for then. I have to see what "silent" means as opposed to "no alarm."

These options do not appear for the alarm clock or the timers, so far as I can see.

Len

4. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    If it is the like Nokias that I have used, then "no alarm", would mean nothing will happen and "silent" would turn the screen on and off i.e. flash temporarily without any kind of audible. Let us know if the 2128i does the same thing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Modemjunkie

Modemjunkie New Member

Silent resulted in a vibrate which is what I want. I'll just have to use the alarm on for wake up calls and silent for the rest of the day to make sure I don't get embarrassed again.

And if there are times I would use the alarm clock during the day (which doesn't seem to have the silent option), I'll just have to use the calendar instead.

what's a few more keystrokes here and there anyway. ;)

Len

Len