Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Emailing ringtones

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by brbarlow145, Aug 9, 2007.

1. brbarlow145

brbarlow145 New Member

Hi, i recently switched from Verizon to Alltel. I've been trying to email rongtones to my alltel phone and i haven't been able to figure out how. With verizon it was simple, i would trim the part of the song out that i wanted set as the ringtone using a program called Audacity and then attach it to an email and send it to <number>@vzwpix.com. I guess i just really need to know the email address to use for an alltel phone for sending music/.mid files. Can anyone please help me?

2. zdoyle35

zdoyle35 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Pearl
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T (work),Alltel(personal)
    well you email is always yournumber @message.alltel.com....however verizon purposely blocks sending ringtones via bluetooth, alltel does not. also thanks for the tip on that program i am going to check it out.

3. brbarlow145

brbarlow145 New Member

hey zdoyle thanks for the quick reply, if you need any help with Audacity, just ask its really easy. However, sending ringtones through the alltel email that way seems not to work so i'll just have to try and find out some other way to send them. Thanks

4. dolphin_crazed

dolphin_crazed Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Diamond
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel; Verizon Wireless
    With my Alltel phone, I don't have the BT option, so I logged into my online album at www.axcessmypics.com, upload the file (needs to be 300k or less for it to send). You can then send to your phone, it will be recieved as a MMS message and then you can save the sound to your phone. Hope this helps.

5. brbarlow145

brbarlow145 New Member

Yeah, i'll just try that, i'm sure it'll work. Thanks a lot for the quick help