Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Emailing mp3's to my phone? Or using AMR's as ringtones?

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by howlymowly, Dec 18, 2006.

1. howlymowly

howlymowly New Member

I've got the Samsung t-309, and I've just recently tried to email myself a couple of short mp3 clips (one 15 sec, one 18 sec) to my phone via my gmail address. the sms message goes through just fine, but unfortunately, the sound files are being converted from their mp3 form into amr's instead.. and instead of being in "my sounds" with other mp3's they're in my voice list with the other amr's. The sound quality is really crappy, and what's worse is that now I can't use them as ringtones at all because I can't get the amr's on my phone to be available as "ring tones".

:loony: :hmm: :help:

Is there some way to make sure that the mp3's that I'm emailing to my phone STAY mp3's or if not, is there a way to set my amr's as ringtones? This is really annoying..

I don't have bluetooth or whatever the other way is of getting stuff from your computer to your phone, but any ideas are appreciated.

thanks!