Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Email Forwarding to Phone

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by Shizam76, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Shizam76

Shizam76 Shizam! Babyyyyy!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    At work...in my Outlook client, I have a rule set to forward all emails sent to me with an "!" mark (otherwise known as marked URGENT) to my phone... xxx-xxx-xxxx@tmomail.net

It seems these things don't arrive immediately like they do on my Cingular phone....the delay could be an hour or so.

For example....I received 2 "!" urgent emails today, at 12:21pm and 12:26pm. My phone didn't "ding" with the text messaged emails until 1:43pm and 1:46pm....over an hour delay! :eek: Now I've seen 10 minutes delay, I've seen 3 minute delays....but lately it's been 20+ minutes....over an hour in this case. What would cause this?

Also.....what can I reprogram my Outlook rule so that it sends the email to my phone as an MMS, instead of the text message? One of the emails today was cut off because it exceeded the character limit. But on the other hand....the other one must have been sent as an MMS, because there is a plain text attachment...which contains the email.

Kind of funcky..... :headscrat

2. Matt

Matt Twin girls!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    MyTouch 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    It's hard to determine the cause of email delays. I'd try setting up a test and another rule in outlook to send them to some other external email (hotmail, etc.) and see if the results differ from TM. That will at least tell you where the dealy resides. Plus, you can look at the email headers and figure out how long each step of the process takes.

Don't know about the MMS one.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...