Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

El cheapo phone

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by cheddar, Jun 21, 2008.

1. cheddar

cheddar Senior Member

I have Alltel and am on a plan that keeps my bill under five dollars a month most months. Currently, I am using an old nokia phone that seems to be on its last legs. Unfortunately, I have to pay retail on a replacment if want to keep the plan. My question is which of the cheap phones Alltel has should I get?

2. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    Hmmm, well.....how much are looking to spend exactly. The LG 275 has been surprisingly decent for a family member of mine....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cheddar

cheddar Senior Member

I'm not sure. I'd like to keep it under a couple of hundred bucks. There's a few phones at $140 and a few more at $170. I was just curious if anyone had any experience with them. I'm assuming that there won't be many, if any, changes to Alltel's phone lineup at this point.

4. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

You should be able to do an upgrade without changing plans.

The Samsung MyShot (never heard of it before today) looks like an interesting phone.

5. gruss

gruss Member

My Phone:
    V3M
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Wirelessly posted (E2: Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.1.11328/534; U; en))

Had very good luck with lg ax390. Durable and decent reception. Good speaker phone too. 245 is also ok and I think that one has BT and a cam. The 275 seems to have some reception issues from what I've seen.

6. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    The Motorola w315 is a good phone. The screen is kind of craptacular but the reception is good, it's black and it's similar in shape and finish to the MOTO PEBL, which was my favorite handset of all time.

It's $134.99 at full retail cost, making it the least expensive handset Alltel offers but I'd say it's better than any of the comparably-priced LGs or Samsungs.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. cheddar

cheddar Senior Member

Thanks for all of the replies.