Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Eeny, meenie, miney, mo...

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by ladolceboy, Apr 19, 2003.

1. ladolceboy

ladolceboy New Member

I need some advice: I'm currently with ATTWS, but my contract is up and, quite coincidentally, my 3360 just died. I haven't been extremely pleased with my ATTWS service, and I'm considering switching to Cingular. That said, I need help deciding on which handset to go with. I've narrowed it down to the 3590 and the 6590 offered in the local Cingular stores. I also really like the 8265, which is NOT offered at the Cingular store, per se, but is available through various authorized agents. The only problem with that is, I won't be able to get that rather attractive instant rebate offered at the Cingular stores. By going through an independent agent, I'd have to settle for a mail-in rebate. I can get the 8265 through ATTWS, for about half- retail, if I use my upgrade option, but I really don't care to stay with ATTWS all that much.
    As for the 3590 and 6590 models, my major concern is the GSM v. TDSM (forgive me if I get any of this terminology incorrect)- issue. While the GSM network is up and running in my area (West Tennessee), supposedly, the rep I spoke with at one Cingular agent advised that I might want to stick with the traditional networks for a while. So, I'm concerned that if I go with either the 3590 or 6590, I might have reception issues sooner or later. Any comments/suggestions?

2. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I can help with service in the area but if you are going with cingular I suggest that you check out the ericsson t62u and the nokia 6340. Both of these phones are GAIT phones meaning that they can use GSM/TDMA and AMPS (analog)

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ladolceboy

ladolceboy New Member

Thanks, Jack, for the reply. That echoes the advice the agent rep gave me. The Ericson doesn't interest me much, but the Nokia 6340's OK. I just really like the white/ blue backlights on the other aforementioned models. I know...picky, picky...