Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Early Upgrade??

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by CellularSchnanigans, Nov 21, 2008.

1. CellularSchnanigans

CellularSchnanigans New Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Blackberry Storm
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I last upgraded my phone in August of last year(2007) but i want to get a new Blackberry Storm. Does anyone know if Verizon would let me upgrade my phone early if i sign on for another two years?

2. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    AT&T is the most generous in that respect, but even then ATT makes you wait 17 months on a 24 month contract to upgrade. I'm not sure, but I think Verizon makes you wait 20 or 22 months. You can still call and try. Sometimes they will make exceptions if you are a "high profit" customer.

-Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    1 person likes this.
  3. CellularSchnanigans

My Phone:
    Blackberry Storm
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    When you say "high profit" do you just mean people who pay a lot for their phone plans or do they take into account how long you've been with them? Because my family has been with Verizon for 5 or 6 years now, that must count for somthing.

4. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    I don't know about Verizon, but when I call AT&T asking for something they always comment on how long I've been a customer (just over 8 years now), Plus I have several lines, and my bill is over $100/mo. I usually get whatever I ask for when I call them.

-Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. CellularSchnanigans

My Phone:
    Blackberry Storm
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Great thanks for the help! I'm probably going to go into a store later today so I'll ask some questions and see what they say.

6. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    If you are in a 2 year contract already, you become eligible for an upgrade:
    1. If you are within 20th month of your contract, you can get New Every 2 pricing, you get promotional pricing plus an additional $50 or $100 off the phone. In this instance, you have completed 15 months, so you won't get NE2 pricing.
    2. Since it has been a year since you last upgraded your phone, you can get promotional pricing. You won't get any additional discounts and you may have to pay an upgrade fee (I think it's about $20). You will have to renew your contract for another 2 years and your NE2 date is reset. Also, your base plan has to be at least $49.99 (add ons don't count)

7. CellularSchnanigans

My Phone:
    Blackberry Storm
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    ahhh ok so I'm on a family plan right now which we pay $100 a month for so i should be able to get the promotional price right? I'm not to worried about the extra $50 off for the NE2 deal cuase the $200 price is much better then the $500 retail price!!! and i would also have to add on the $30/month data plan right?

8. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    I forgot to mention, only the primary line qualifies for the annual upgrade option. the secondary lines are not eligible for the upgrade. The secondary lines have to wait the entire 20 months for a discounted upgrade.

The Storm requires the $30 or the $45 data plan.

9. CellularSchnanigans

My Phone:
    Blackberry Storm
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Are you positive that only the primary line is eligable for the one year upgrade? Because last year when we were doing our 2year upgrade they let me use the primary line discount on my phone and then the primary line got my lesser discount. Hopefully they will let me do it, I don't want to have to buy the phone at retail price =(

10. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The secondary lines aren't eligible for the Annual Upgrade because the secondary lines are $9.99 each (and not $49.99 the program requires). Since there is only one primary line, perhaps the rep made your line the primary line, thus making it eligible for the NE2 discount. If so, you should be able to get the Annual Upgrade ... and all other secondary lines have to wait. If your line was switched back to being a secondary line, it will not be eligible for the annual upgrade.

11. Stupiud

Stupiud Yea, I can hear you now!

My Phone:
    D2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Conversely. the vzw folks could have used your primary line's NE2 credit to get you the phone, but activated said-new-phone with your non-primary line number.... in which case the primarly line's NE2 date would reset, and primary line's phone number would still be on the same phone.

When you sign a new contract, you automatically get phones at the 'new contract price' (ie the one that is advertised everywhere). The NE2 credit is worth 100$ and you only get the NE2 'feature' as part of a line that is 34.99$/mo or higher (ie: your 9.99 'add-on' lines do not qualify to NE2).

(hope that made sense).

Reference: Calling Features: New Every Two®

12. dehaven.j

dehaven.j Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry Pearl 8130
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    i was able to talk them into letting me get an upgrade in August but I had to pay the one year contract price. With my stepdad's employer discount I got a blackberry pearl for 79.99 + 20 upgrade fee instead of the 29.99 price if i had waited until i was eligible on Dec. 27th my contract was supposed to end in april next year. good luck, generally verizon is more than willing to compromise somewhat with you if they know they can keep you in a contract for longer and the phone will add on more services to your plan therefore more profit!

13. CellularSchnanigans

My Phone:
    Blackberry Storm
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Hey thanks for all the help. I went to the store and like you guys said i was able to get the phone for the promotional price with a year renewal and because i have to wait for them to send it to me they took the $50 rebate off automatically. again thanks for all the help.