Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

NORTHEAST U.S. -- Early Contract Renewal Question

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by jl92195, Apr 3, 2009.

1. jl92195

jl92195 New Member

My Phone:
    LG Chocolate VX8550
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    So Sunday is our one year mark. I am pretty sure it is possible that you can renew your contract for another 2 years at the one year mark. Is it possible that we can upgrade our phones at the 2 year price if we do this?

Thanks in advance.

Jay

2. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Someone else might chime in on this, but I don't think Verizon lets you get the 2 year price until you're 20 or 22 months into contract. I think after 12 months you can get the 2 year price + $50 though.

-Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    No. You may be able to upgrade at a slightly lower price, but not the two year price unless you're 20 months into contract (or last upgrade).

Check your "My Verizon" online account management. This will tell you how much you'll save (if at all) if you upgrade now. It will also tell you when you can upgrade again to get the NE2 pricing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jl92195

jl92195 New Member

My Phone:
    LG Chocolate VX8550
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Jay and Mike, thank you for your responses. I checked the My Verizon but apparently since I'm not the main line on the account I can't check that information.

Jay

5. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    Yes. you have to be the primary line on the account and that line had to be on a plan of $49.99 or above and be enrolled in MyVerizon online. The secondary lines are not eligible.

I just executed the annual upgrade the other day and all went well. The contract end date is pushed out 2 years from the upgrade date (in my case, 4/1/11) and the NE2 date is 12/1/10. I am waiting to see if the upgrade fee applies in my case (per the website, it does but I did everything online).

6. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    I just want to clarify... you will get the current 2 year pricing with the annual upgrade, but NOT the additional NE2 discount:)... I got the Glyde at the current $100 price and that is it...

7. JasonLAllerdings

JasonLAllerdings Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG Octane
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I'll put my 2 cents in. The NE2 can be pulled when you are 4 months from the end of the 2 year contract only on your main line. Secondary lines can get the discount rate for a new phone within 4 months of their 2 year contract end. Both will require a new 2 year contract to be signed. You can do the annual upgrade with the discount rate for a new phone after 10 months on the main, but there you will have to extend your contract out from there for 2 more years and it does reset your NE2.

Hope this helps.

8. jl92195

jl92195 New Member

My Phone:
    LG Chocolate VX8550
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I am not the primary line on our account, we learned this yesterday trying to get new phones. Thank you for your help. I love verizon, but that is a bull____ policy considering we were going to extend our contract... lol

9. M in LA

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    I agree with you that their policy is a little silly, but I believe they hold firm to the 20 month upgrade eligibility discount as part of the phone subsidy price. They aren't alone holding firm to this policy.

Regardless of how we feel about Verizon's policy, this is how they do it (and for that matter, so do most of the other carriers), even though you would be extending your contract with them.

10. jl92195

jl92195 New Member

My Phone:
    LG Chocolate VX8550
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Makes me wonder if they will have any semi-normal phones in December (when we can upgrade) or will everything be 100% touch... ugh, lol, my poor chocolate is so old and in need of a rest. but it will do

BTW, sprint sucks but their upgrade policy makes more sense. After 1 year, $75 off of a new phone, or $200 after 2 years. I think thats the way all the carriers should have done it.

11. M in LA

My Phone:
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    I agree that Sprint's upgrade policy is much better, but Verizon is in the position to do things as they do. They're a strong and financially healthy carrier (even with the Alltel buy). They maximize profit quite thoroughly, even if it comes at our expen$e.

Even so, with the numbers they continue to pull, most people aren''t too bothered by their policies, at least not enough to cause people to leave en masse.