Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

e815 software upgrade

Discussion in 'MOTOROLA' started by dead zone, Mar 6, 2006.

1. dead zone

dead zone Junior Member

My Phone:
    VX10000 Voyager
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    many of you say software upgrades fix battery life sound quality etc.... but how do i get this software upgrade? go to the verizon store and just ask? is it free?

thanks

2. ronnieg56

ronnieg56 Senior Member

My Phone:
    E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Yes. Unless you want to do it yourself, which you can but will require some software and knowledge, which both are readily available on the net.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. whitneywsw

whitneywsw New Member

My Phone:
    Motorla E18
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    how can you do it yourself?

4. ronnieg56

ronnieg56 Senior Member

My Phone:
    E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    You'll need a program RSD Lite, the drivers for the E815 and a download of the new firmware, Oh, and definitely a usb data cable. It cannot be done via BT.

All can be found on the net.

Here is a link to where the drivers and new firmware are:

E815 Stuff

As far as software downloads are concerned I can't post links for that since it is against forum TOS.

There is a software on the page I posted, PST, but take my word for it it is not good for cdma phones and you need patches for it and still will get errors.

The perfect program to flash the 815 and all other Moto's is RSD Lite.

Then you can go to and sign up (free) at forums such as HowardsForums and MotoModders for the tutorials.

HTH

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...