Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

E815 and Mobile Office Kit

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by Adman, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Adman

Adman Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola E815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I have searched the forum for an answer to my question. But, with the many threads on this topic, I am getting confused.

So, sorry if this is a duplicate post. Help is greatly appreciated.

When I got my T730 2 years ago, I also bought the Mobile Office Kit, which at the time came with Quicklink Mobile Phonebook.

I can't get my PC to recognize the E815. I just want to be able to download my old phonebook (now in Quickling Mobile Phonebook) into my new E815.

I have no desire to edit seems or anything like that. I presume I just need a driver.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

2. SQFreak

SQFreak Moto's Not So Bad Anymore

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola Q9m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Do you know if the cable in the MOK for the T730 was a FutureDial cable? The E815 needs a straight USB cable. A USB-to-Serial cable (like FutureDial cables) won't work for it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Buickman

Buickman Gearhead/Gadget freak

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    BB 9550, Moto Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon on both phones
    I have the same problem. I posted a question like this about a three weeks ago on HoFo and the general concensus is that we are SOL. I'm just going to but the Motorola MPT kit to use insead.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. E815Blues

E815Blues New Member

I have a similar problem in that I bought the verizon connection kit SW, Driver, and Cable for V710/E815 phones (both of which we are using). The SW works with teh V710 with no problems. I recently tried to use it on E815 and found that XPHome recognizes it as a motorola E815, but will not complete the driver installation. Tried several attempts to install the driver from the CDs included with connection kit, but no luck.
    Talked to Quicklink mobile phone book manufacturer, SmithMicro Software's, tech support in attempts to get an updated driver fro the E815. Turns out that the version of this software I have is 3.3.2 and the version that started to support the E815 is 3.4.1. My version did not include the support (both SW and driver) for the E815. SmithMicro will sell you the SW ($29.95) separate from teh driver/cable bundle. Verizon sells teh entire kit (SW, driver and cable) for about $50. Their website shows their quick link SW supports both phones, but that is with their current version (which is also backwards compatible with both of these model phones.
    Went to the hellomoto website and they sell a similar connection kit that allows you to sync your phone/pc with outlook and other popular apps - and appears to have a bit more functionality than just the phone book and calandar that smithmicro provides via two separate apps. It also appears that these two companies treat SW and drivers like IP and wants money for both. However Motorola appears to allow you free SW upgrades for life where you need to buy them from smith micro. I wish that you could pay for SW once (ok, maybe once per year) and drivers for whatever phone(s) you have are free, but it doesn't seem to work that way - it appears to me that they want to make money each time you get a new phone.