Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

E3 2004: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Details

Discussion in 'The Roaming Zone' started by Gamer03, May 16, 2004.

1. Gamer03

Gamer03 Technology Aficionado
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    E3 2004: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Details

Rockstar reveals the first tidbits from the story.

May 12, 2004 - It was a good time to be a Grand Theft Auto fan last night, as Rockstar Games officially unveiled the first screenshots from its upcoming sequel, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (which you can read all about here) to a stunned and completely receptive crowd. Totaling three in all, the small batch of screens were originally unveiled on the official San Andreas website, but not publically advertised until this morning when the the company sent out its mailer.

Luckily the mailer also marked a brand new update for the website too, as the first bits of information pertaining to the story were revealed. It read exactly like this:

"Five years ago Carl Johnson escaped from the pressures of life in Los Santos, San Andreas.. .a city tearing itself apart with gang trouble, drugs and corruption; where film stars and millionaires do their best to avoid the dealers and gang bangers.

Now, it's the early 90s. Carl's got to go home. His mother has been murdered, his family has fallen apart and his childhood friends are all heading towards disaster.

On his return to the neighborhood, a couple of corrupt cops frame him for homicide. CJ is forced on a journey that takes him across the entire state of San Andreas, to save his family and to take control of the streets."

Unfortunately those quotes above are the only bits of info that we have so far; as Rockstar is obviously going to keep the meatier details under wraps until it later this year. At the very least, we finally know which era that game now takes place and that it has a conceptual style reminiscent of the popular 1990s gangsta films like Boyz in the Hood and Juice.

[​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Delta

Delta Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Casio G'zOne
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Will it be on Xbox, or just that POS PS2?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Gideon H

Gideon H Quase Três Anos Com WA!

My Phone:
    Motorola E398
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TIM Brasil
    Psh the PS2 kicks a$s, motha! lol just kidding. Mine kinda sucks though because I've had it for 3 years (since it came out) and it's breaking down.

4. ILUVSOCAL

ILUVSOCAL Banned

My Phone:
    Nokia 3600(me)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T(Me),Cingular(Me,Mom),Edge Wireless(Dad)
    I'm the cop running right on those gangsta's butts in my CHP Camaro, I have a one way free ticket to San Quentin for those guys, and it's a deal they CAN'T refuse :D Come closer, I have a present for you guys :browani:

[​IMG]

5. Gamer03

Gamer03 Technology Aficionado
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola X Pure
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Right now it looks like it will be for PS2 only, but since the other games were out on XBOX, then it might come over to XBOX.

If it does, then it probably wouldn't be for a year or two is my best guess, since that is how long it took GTA: Double pack to come out on XBOX. :(