Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Duplicate Text Messages with Verizon

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by scohen, Mar 22, 2004.

1. scohen

scohen Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX-4400
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I did try a message search for this topic already, but I do appologize if this has been asked already here.

About every other text message or so that I get, comes twice or even more times. And above the title of the next time(s) it comes it even says *duplicate*. Do you think verizon is charging me for the extra deliveries of these duplicates.

I haven't figured out the pattern yet, but it seems like if i delete the text message really quickly just as soon as it comes in, then I get a duplicate within a few minutes. But if I leave the message or don't read it for a while then no dups.

I figured someone here would no better then verizon cust support if I am getting charged for each delivery.

2. scottb

scottb Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel 6 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile, Visible
    This used to happen to me when my wife and I had V60i phones. Now, with our A530s phones, it does not happen any more. I believe it is caused by the sending phone. The v60i, with its original software, had a text messaging bug that caused the phone to think the message send failed. This caused the phone to send it again. We did upgrade the software which also alleviated the problem.

What model phone is sending you the messages that are repeated? Maybe that phone has a software issue.

3. scohen

scohen Junior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX-4400
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Actaully it has happened to me from several people all with different phones. It even happened with some verizon trivia game service, where they would text message me some trivia questions each day.

4. NYCDru

NYCDru Sprint Newbie

My Phone:
    Motrola V3m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Verizon(former), ATT(former),
    Definately call customer service and bring this up EVERY SINGLE TIME IT HAPPENS. It does cost you two ents and you would hate to have to pay too much extra fro textmessages you don't need.

5. orioles150

orioles150 Senior Member

My Phone:
    e815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I have actually noticed the same thing, it doesnt happen often but it definately happens every once in a while for me. I even notice when I look at my sent messages list that there will be the same message their twice. (I think my sending problem was back when I had the 8600, i dont notice any duplicate sent messages on my 4500)

6. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Only time I get this duplicate problem is when I'm in a school here in which every provider is very weak. Downstairs I get 1/6 bars on my VX 6000 and I receive Text Messages fine, but then I loose service for a second and after service comes back, I get the same message again as a duplicate. Now this doesn't happen too often and it only happens in this area of very weak service. I think that the tower didn't recognize that it sent the TXT Message to you already because you're in an area of really low service and just sends it again as you reconnect with the tower...I don't know if this is right, but the only time I get this duplicate problem is inside this building where reception is a problem with every provider(but Nextel, because they have a cellsite on top of the building).

7. jones

jones Silver Senior Member

do you get chargea duplicate too?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. orioles150

orioles150 Senior Member

My Phone:
    e815
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I have never actually noticed if I am charged for it, next time i see it happening I will try and figure it out (its hard for me to keep track of how many texts I send and receive since I txt a decent amount)

9. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Did anyone ever ask CS?

10. julian2575

julian2575 New Member

I have LG VX 8600. I receive text messages that say *duplicate* at top, but I only receive the message one time? From what I have read, most receive the message multiple times. Anyone else with this same issue? :)