Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Dual Band Hybrid Phones?

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by bjc1981, Jan 14, 2007.

1. bjc1981

bjc1981 New Member

My Phone:
    Samsung x427m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    I was close to signing up using the ic502 phone before I realized that the voice is PCS only (no Cellular 800Mhz).

Does anyone know if dual band hybrid phones will be coming out? If so, when?

Thanks!

2. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    prolli not cuz Sprint only uses 1900 MhZ.........they would only need 800 if you were roaming but i doubt that they will come out with a dual band because by the time they do they will prolli want to get the migration on the move..........just my thought though............with the speed that Cingular and AT&T are melding all of theri company together i would assume that Sprint would want to do that same but asofnow i dont see that speed

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cellular_freak

cellular_freak Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 5S 64GB White
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Yeah, I would also say that they probably will not come out with a phone that has 800 MHz on it, especially since Sprint is all PCS. And in 2010 Nextel won't probably even be around anymore, so I doubt they'll want to mess around with making a dual band phone.
    I think it'll be good when Nextel goes away too because it's rumored that the CDMA version of Push to Talk that Sprint is working on is much better and faster then the Nextel iDEN version.

4. bjc1981

bjc1981 New Member

My Phone:
    Samsung x427m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    What would you all prefer to have? This is generally speaking since I understand it could vary in different locations.

Sprint Voice (PCS only, no cellular roaming) & Nextel Walkie Talkie
    (or)
    Nextel Voice & Walkie Talkie

Sprint Voice and Mobile-to-Mobile isn't an option in my situation. Basically I need Nextel Walkie Talkie to communicate with my wife for free since she has a Nextel through work.

5. cellular_freak

cellular_freak Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 5S 64GB White
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Well, personally, I would prefer a phone that had Sprint voice and Nextel walkie talkie if it had to come to that. Otherwise, I would just get a Sprint phone that is completely CDMA. That way I would be able to roam on differenct networks where there is no Sprint coverage. There are phones that have Sprint PTT. If you were to try CDMA voice, you would notice an incredible difference between Nextel's iDEN and Sprint's CDMA. I used to have Nextel, and now I have Verizon and there is an INCREDIBLE difference between the two! CDMA being much, much better. Even if you had a Sprint phone, your wife would still be mobile to mobile. You can migrate to the Sprint network without paying an early termination fee as well. You would just roam onto a CDMA company in your area if there are no Sprint towers nearby.

6. bjc1981

bjc1981 New Member

My Phone:
    Samsung x427m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    Her corporate plan phone actually doesn't included mobile to mobile, so it wouldn't be free for her to call me on the Sprint network, though it would be free for me to call her...dumb if you ask me!

7. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    i would say that if Nextel's coverage were comparable to Sprint's I would want voice on Nextel =because all the calls tht i have ever made on a Nextel phone were like making calls on my landline........crystal.......walkietalkie on Nextel cuz i dont know what the QChat service would be like but data on Sprint because the Nextel data services suck

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...