Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Dropping call or weak signal on T809

Discussion in 'T-Mobile Forum' started by t809user, Aug 21, 2006.

1. t809user

t809user New Member

I have the T809. My ex has the T319. She will have almost full bars while I have 1 to 2 bars. And we're standing next to each other!!! Does anyone have any problems with weak signal or dropping calls on a T809? This is a new phone. I've only had it a week and my expectations were really great until my problems with the signal. :confused:

Former NOKIA user. I miss my NOKIA. I could throw my Nokia at my EX and still make a phone call. :p

2. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Unfortunately Samsungs are not generally regarded as having the best RF. If I were you, I would return the Samsung and get a Nokia. You know from your experience with Nokia how reliable they are when it comes to reception.

I have to admit, I hate Samsuck with a passion, so I am quite biased towards Nokias and Motorolas...:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Liva2006

Liva2006 New Member

:mad: Yes, I have the very same drop call problem. :mad: Have had t-809 since March and love everything else about it. I can't get no signal at Walmart stores....etc....and in my own home bearly and then drops. I am wondering if I did get a bad phone & so darn expensive. Maybe it's T-mobile, I don't know. I am wondering if NOKIAS are better too, are they? I would have to down grade though. Otherwise I have to wait till my contract is up, which is in a long time. Any T-Mobile users out there that know of a good cell phone that does work?? Please let me know. TY

4. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 28 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 13 Pro Max, XS Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Motorola and Nokia phones are well known for their excellent reception. You can't go wrong with a Moto RAZR, PEBL, or V360.

On the Nokia side, the 6103 is an excellent phone. It may not have all the bells and whistles of the T809, but you will get rock-solid reception and an easy to use, well-made phone, plus it has Bluetooth (the Nokia 6101 does not). I'm sure the 8801 is great too, but the price is a bit steep.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    i had the Nokia 6103 for a while and i loved it........mom had the Samsung x495 and i would get 2 out of 4 bars and she would get none in our garage