Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Dropped a920 in water, replacing phone

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by festivenuts, Sep 19, 2006.

1. festivenuts

festivenuts New Member

This is my first post and just wanted to say how informative this site is.

I was climbing on my friends boat and when I sat down my a920 sprint phone slipped out of my pocket and went clunk clunk off the boat then plunk into the water. It was very upsetting to loose a $300 phone since I had the power vision plan on it with unlimited internet and a nice amount of channels.

When I saw the treo 650 I fell in love with it right away. Doesnt have the large cost of the other pda's and I really like to have a pda since I could actually start organizing myself. I also always loved the mini keyboards which makes typing when I use instant messenger on the phone 100x easier.

Until recently I just discovered that the treo 650 is vision enabled but not power vision enabled. That really bummed me out since I also just found out that theres only like 5 power vision phones and the only ones with pda is way out of my price range.

I would need to keep the power vision plan since I have a contract and it would cost more to cancel it then to just buy a whole new phone and use it for the rest of the term. The question is would moving to the 650 really set me back. Like is the internet speed really that much slower then power vision. Also would I still be able to watch tv or would it just be slower. Overall what im trying to say is would I be loosing alot more features switching to the 650 then just rebuying the a920 again. (also im a big video game guy so the 650 is a plus on that also)

Sorry for the 50 page thesis but hopefully someone could help me out.
    Thanks a bunch

2. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    The difference between Vision and PowerVision is huge...especially on a PDA device. I think the Treo 700 is a PV device, as is the BlackBerry 7130. It sounds like you are big on multimedia features though, so that would rule out the BlackBerry. Have you considered the Treo 700?

3. kjo

kjo Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Oh what a bummer of a way to lose your phone!!!!! :eek:

Well I hope you get something you like as equally or better than your friend lost at sea ;) :browani:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. festivenuts

festivenuts New Member

i took a look at the BlackBerry 7130 but unfortunately i dont believe its a power vision device

its a nice recommendation to go with the treo 700 buts unfortunately its far out of my price range.

so far im strongly leaning towards the 650 and my store of choice is ebay

any other suggestions on where to purchase the 650 or perhaps another phone

5. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    The 7130 is PowerVision (EVDO) but it doesn't do multi-media.

6. festivenuts

festivenuts New Member

ive never shopped on ebay for more expensive items

is ebay the wisest choice to purchase the 650?

or does anyone have a cell phone store they usually purchase from

7. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    For a used phone eBay is good. Just make sure the person you buy from has great feedback. If you win the auction, ask the seller to give you the phone's ESN (serial #) before you send payment. Then call Sprint to make sure the ESN you were given is a) not reported lost or stolen and b) is actually the ESN for a Treo 650. If the ESN checks out as good, then send your payment.

8. festivenuts

festivenuts New Member

wow thanks for the great advice :biggrin: