Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Droid Plan Confusion

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by ace41690, Nov 26, 2009.

1. ace41690

ace41690 Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Hero
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    We are thinking of switching to Verizon. I want the droid. When I select the family "connect" plan, it doesnt allow me to choose a droid, or any smart phone for that matter. In fact I tried all the family plans and none of them let me choose a droid. Is it not possible to have a smartphone on a family plan? Thanks

2. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

Yes, but no smartphones can be on a Connect or Premium plan. They can only use Basic or Select Nationwide plans, or email/email & messaging plans. This is because they must carry a smartphone feature, and that conflicts with the data feaute built into a Connect or Premium plan.

So they can be on familyshare plans, but not at the Connect of Premium levels.

3. ctx89

ctx89 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Bryan, If I were to move my plan to Verizon (currently Alltel Friends & Family10 S/P 1200), what plan does Verizon have that is similar that would allow my 3 smartphones on it?

4. Sailorcancer

Sailorcancer Member

My Phone:
    Moto Z XT1650-03
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    If I am reading you right (not familiar with newer alltel plans) I think this is what you want. I am guessing you want a family plan because you want 3 phones on it right?

You would have to pick either Basic or Select Family share plans. To keep your friends & Family plan you would have to pick 1400 mins. Just as an FYI there is no 1200 mins for vzw family plans and 1400 is the lowest amount of mins they have to get the F&F 10.

The starting price for Basic 3 line is $99.98
    The starting price for Select 3 line is $129.98

I do not know which smart phone plan you would need or if you do txting or what you do with phone insurance. Select plans come with unlimited txting btw.

5. ctx89

ctx89 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    @sailor--- we currently have 5 phones and rarely go over 1000 anytime minutes due to m2m and mycircle calls. There would be 3 of us with smartphones and 2 regular cells. We also have a data card..but I'm gonna try to keep it on the Alltel plan as it is unlimited. I will just buy the usb card outright.

6. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

Don't forget the minimum $29.99/line data feature for any line that has a smartphone; your prices do not include that.

7. ctx89

ctx89 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    actually we pay $40.00/line for a smartphone and $20/line for a reg phone. So it adds up quick!! I'm thinking that my other boy may want to go to the Droid and that is a smartphone if I'm not mistaken.

8. Sailorcancer

Sailorcancer Member

My Phone:
    Moto Z XT1650-03
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    There are two smart phone data plans. One is that $29 and the other is around $44. Like I said all I knew from what he said is he has 3 smart phones on a 1200 min plan with F&F. Which is why I said starting price and not final. I did not know at the time which data plan he would need.

@ ctx89

Yes the Droid is considered a smart phone.

I would go here:

Enter your location

and just play around with different plans and what not and see what works for you.

9. ace41690

ace41690 Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Hero
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Thanks everyone. Verizon seems to be a bit on the expensive side, I actually ended up staying with sprint though because they let me upgrade to the hero.

10. MrObvious

MrObvious Senior Member

ctx: I may be wrong but couldn't you just buy the phone outright and switch features? I think you can just change the features for your son.