Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

driver for the palm t5 motorola V710

Discussion in 'Other Smartphones and Mobile Operating Systems' started by jose r, Feb 6, 2005.

1. jose r

jose r New Member

does any one know how i can get my palm t5 to dial my cell phone? Palm says motorola has not made the driver. I bought the palm specifically for that reason. $400.00 later, i found no capability. Now i am stuck. Any help out there?

2. Seeitshine

Seeitshine New Member

I'm in the same boat, any help would be deeply appreciated.

3. dcameron

dcameron New Member

The driver for the mototrola 280i works. It is limited to 14.4K. We need to get Palm to write a driver for this phone!

4. Team Bolter

Team Bolter New Member

I'm in the same boat as well. I can access high speed modem but can not voice dial with my T5. how do you get the 280i driver to work

5. Jim1th

Jim1th New Member

It appears Verizon has deliberately "crippled" many of the bluetooth features of this phone to make a few extra bucks in the long run. Read this artivle from Nuclear Elephant. http://www.nuclearelephant.com/papers/v710.html

6. srieman

srieman New Member

I have a T5 & Verizon's crippled V710, - I'm able to connect the T5 to the internet using bluetooth through the v710. My T5 is not with me right now, - I'll have it tomorrow, so I don't have the exact configuration right now, but I do know that the v710 dials *99# to connect the T5 to the internet. As soon as I get home I'll post the exact configuration I'm using.

srieman

7. Arodicus

Arodicus New Member

:cool: PALM-V710 DIALING SOLUTION FOLLOWS:

(woot!)

T-series Palms (TX, T5, etc) can indeed dial to the V710 (and several other "crippled" Motorola/Verizon abominations, such as the E-Series) by using the "Standard GSM" connection, and simply modifying the connection string.

No hacks. No Drivers. I've done it. It works.

I can't take credit for this... most of the research was done by TXJedi on the Palm forums. I've simply updated it and clarified a few things from the original post.

If you want to enable your TX to dial your V710 do the following:

First, make sure you pair the devices:

1. Open BlueTooth On/Off Icon on TX
    2. Turn on BT
    3. Click Prefs Button
    4. Click Setup Devices Button
    5. Click Phone Setup Button
    6. Click first/top button on Phone Setup screen (not the dial-up button)
    7. Click Next Button
    8. Select Motorola from Manufacturer List

Now, before you select a model, open your phone and do the following to make your V710 discoverable:

Menu--> Settings-->Connection-->Bluetooth-->Setup-->Find Me. ​

Now, within 60 seconds, go back to the palm and select Other from Model List.

Your phone should show up if "nearby devices" is selected in the "show" menu.
    If phone is visible, click the ok button click next

You'll be prompted to enter a passkey for your phone -- create and enter a 4 digit key and click ok

Your phone should then prompt you to pair with your palm. Click yes, then enter the same key above using the phone's keypad and click the ok option on the phone.

Your devices should now be paired.
    When prompted if you want to setup your device to connect to the internet and send email click "no". You can do that later.

Now that they're paired, you still need to get the dialer to work.
    Go to the Palm's device preferences and click phone.

1. From the connection menu, choose "Edit Connections..."
    2. Click "New"
    3. Give it a name,
    4. Set Connect to to "phone"
    5. Set Via to "Bluetooth"
    6. Set Device to your phone (should be a selectable option once paired)
    7. Set Model to "Standard GSM"
    8. This will make a "details" button appear, click it.
    9. Erase the init string contents and replace with +Mode=2
    10. Set Speed to max speed (115,200 bps).
    11. Click Ok.
    12. Click Test back on Phone Prefs.

It should tell you that the connection is OK but phone doesn't match settings. Who cares. It works just fine as a dialer.

:cheers:

ARODICUS' QUIRKS LIST:

:headscratQuirk: The phone needs to be open, even if you are using the speakerphone.

:headscratQuirk: When you dial, and the 710 connects, the Palm will show a "Disconnected" error message. Oddly enough, that means it worked... the phone should be ringing (or busy).

:censored: Annoyance: It appears that the V710 cannot handle multiple BlueTooth connections... so you'll have to turn off your BT headset, dial, then turn on your BT headset again. (Considering that BT headsets cost 5 times as much as Wire, and get lost (or tossed in the washer) easily, I'm starting to wonder what the advantages of BT headsets really are!)

:censored: Annoyance: I think full data exchange would still require a hacked phone that has OBEX enabled, but after frying two 710s trying to apply said hack, I leave full data swapping for others to pursue. :deadhorse

TXJedi's Original Post: http://forums.palm.com/pe/action/forums/displaysinglethread?rootPostID=20249182&returnExpertiseCode=CDMA_telepho__USCA