Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

SOUTH U.S. -- Download ripoff

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by jmiller777, Mar 25, 2009.

1. jmiller777

jmiller777 New Member

Got my Verizon bill today and there was a charge for 49.95 - called and they said I downloaded 2 premium text messages. I asked what that was and they could n't tell me. I downloaded nothing. Verizon would not take it off. All the cell phone companies are looking for some way to steal and we can't do anything about it! Anyone got any ideas as to what the heck premium text messages are? 2 $25 messages -

2. tmobileman

tmobileman Iphone Hater

My Phone:
    G1v1.5, Dash, Touch Pro 2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Tmobile
    These are usually from a third party vendor, and it happens if you send a message to them requesting the content, or if you are signed up on the web somehow, or if you're number is recycled and a previous subscriber had requested the content, on your bill there should be a name of the company that is billing you through your Verizon account, along with a 4, 5, or 6 digit number send a txt to this number and write the word stop in it, then call Verizon back and let them know again that you did not request this content if you didn't or somebody didn't from your phone. They should credit it back, at t-mobile if there is no history of a customer abusing this we will usually credit the charge back. This is not a way the cell phone companies stealing anything from you. This a third party that is billing you through your verizon acct. Good luck and welcome to WA! Please post and let us know how this was resolved for you.